Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Letter... odd...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBank Letter... odd...

Received a letter today telling me they detected my magnetic strip was bad and that new cards with new expiration dates were being sent out.

I have not used the card in over a year and it's nearly maxed out with balance transfers.

Is this some new way to try to get you to remember the account and use it?

Maybe they are changing my card expiration to sooner so they can close the account?! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USBank Letter... odd...

Reminds me of a letter I got this week..  something like:

"Remember, your balance is zero and your avail credit is 3k."

I definitely think they want  me to do something with the card other than keep it in my wallet as one of my emergency cards.  Looks like I need to get moving on that BT.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Creditaddit,

you haven't used your USBank credit card in over a year? I thought that was your favorite card  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Creditaddit,

you haven't used your USBank credit card in over a year? I thought that was your favorite card  Smiley Happy

Well, if the card is nearly maxed out with balance transfers, it doesn't make much sense to use it for anything else. If it's a good APR, he will love it, nevertheless.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, I’ve done that too - transferred my balances to a promotional rate credit card and then did not use the card for almost a year Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.