Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Platinum vs. Wells Fargo Signature Visa

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

USBank Platinum vs. Wells Fargo Signature Visa

Looking for a card that does Cell Protection and came across these 2 cards.

They both offer $600/incident with a $25 deductible and 2 occurences/year.

Obviously the WF has an advantage with the USBank card having no rewards but I only care about a good SL, decent growth potential and ease of use for the cell protection.

Does anybody have any preferences and experience with the cell protection service from either creditor?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: USBank Platinum vs. Wells Fargo Signature Visa

@raisemysc0re wrote:

Looking for a card that does Cell Protection and came across these 2 cards.

They both offer $600/incident with a $25 deductible and 2 occurences/year.

Obviously the WF has an advantage with the USBank card having no rewards but I only care about a good SL, decent growth potential and ease of use for the cell protection.

Does anybody have any preferences and experience with the cell protection service from either creditor?

Do you still have the Citizen's Bank CashPlus + that's in your signature?   That offers the same cellphone protection (or at least it does now) with higher rewards than the WF Visa Sig. (A massive 1.8% but still!)

Message 2 of 15
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

The US Bank platinum is in my wallet mainly because of its long 0% apr intro. USB can be a bit on the conservative side but will loosen up a bit mine started at 3.5k and is currently sitting at 12k. If you go the USB route make sure you're 1/12. I can't speak on any of the Wells Fargo products though.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 15
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Do you still have the Citizen's Bank CashPlus + that's in your signature?   That offers the same cellphone protection (or at least it does now) with higher rewards than the WF Visa Sig. (A massive 1.8% but still!)

Wow... Thanks @longtime_lurker 

It  might be new or I may just be an idiot. Smiley Happy

I remember calling to ask a while ago and was told it was not an included benefit but who knows if they were just not aware or too lazy to check???

Either way you saved me a HP and a hit to my AAoA!!!

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 15
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Next is to find a card for rewards to streaming services...

I have Hulu and Spotify for about $100/month

Message 5 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wow... Thanks @longtime_lurker 

It  might be new or I may just be an idiot. Smiley Happy

I remember calling to ask a while ago and was told it was not an included benefit but who knows if they were just not aware or too lazy to check???

Either way you saved me a HP and a hit to my AAoA!!!

Smiley Very Happy 

Well, verify again it does apply to your card!  It's on the site for new apps, but.....

Message 6 of 15
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Well, verify again it does apply to your card!  It's on the site for new apps, but.....

I called and verified that it is a benefit on my Citizens CB+ card.

Again... Thank You

Message 7 of 15
RSX
Valued Contributor

@raisemysc0re 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred gives 6% back on all streaming services

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Boundless $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $29.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $8k
Message 8 of 15
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

@RSX wrote:

@raisemysc0re 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred gives 6% back on all streaming services

That might work for me since it has the 6% groceries as well but I'll have to weight it agaainst having the $95 AF.. 

I'm not a fan of AF cards in general but I'll go through my budget and see if it would be justified to go from my 2% no AAF to this...

Thanks for the recommendation

Message 9 of 15
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I have never used the phone protection, but US Bank gave me a Platinum Card (which is black in color lol) with a long 0% intro and $22k Starting limit - Years ago, WF told me I was a worthless customer - i didnt have loans or cc's etc, so i apped for their cc - they gave me a $1,000 CL, i told them to use it as a 4 cornered suppository and stick it in their a55

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.