Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Prequalify

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

USBank Prequalify

Does anyone know if US Bank still has a pre-qual site? I could not find it but saw references to them no longer having one. So, for those of you approved for the Cash+ Card, what were your scores? I may try and pick this one up, but not sure what they expect for a decent limit.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USBank Prequalify

pre-qual site for us bank has been gone for close to a half year.  Us Bank is very conservative these days anything over 2-3 cards a year obtained and most likely it will be a denial.  The have tightened up within the last 6 months to a point of silly imo, but it is what it is.

Message 2 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Looking at your scores in the signature, you should be fine.
As CC stated, they are kinda of quirky.
I've opened four trade lines with them this year. Most recently, several weeks ago.
They gave me a $600 CL.😂
Took another HP last week for a CLI.
That CC went from $600 to $5000.
I love the Cash + card!
It was my first CC with them earlier this year.
My hangups with US bank are the low SLs ( in my case) and the slow processing times.
Oh and they normally pull TU Fico 9 for credit apps.
Good luck with the app!

Message 3 of 14
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Looking at your scores in the signature, you should be fine.
As CC stated, they are kinda of quirky.
I've opened four trade lines with them this year. Most recently, several weeks ago.
They gave me a $600 CL.😂
Took another HP last week for a CLI.
That CC went from $600 to $5000.
I love the Cash + card!
It was my first CC with them earlier this year.
My hangups with US bank are the low SLs ( in my case) and the slow processing times.

Good luck with the app! Yes they are, but it is a fantastic cc, i use it all the time and they reward me for that, when i applied my scores were in 710 range and they gave me 500 .00, but now year and half later 2 cards both @ 8k, , so good luck whatever you decideSmiley LOLHeart

Message 4 of 14
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

I think you’re good to go with them so long as you don’t have more than 2 new accts within the last 12 months.
I also like the Cash+! Just actually got a $6K CLI last month from them to $15K albeit a HP but knew that goin in.
Good Luck!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 14
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
I think you’re good to go with them so long as you don’t have more than 2 new accts within the last 12 months.
I also like the Cash+! Just actually got a $6K CLI last month from them to $15K albeit a HP but knew that goin in.
Good Luck!

I do have 2 in the last year. One card and one auto loan. The youngest of these is 6 months and the oldest 8. This would be a good card for my arsenal, if I did get a fairly low SL, I could always just pay it off multiple times. I'm looking mainly for that 5% CB on your choice of categories. Does anyone know which CRAs they pull?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gmood1 said earlier in the thread “Oh and they normally pull TU Fico 9 for credit apps”

Good luck if you decide to app soon. I am also wanting to get in with US Bank
Message 7 of 14
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

I was lucky enough to get the Cash+ in 2017 with a ~700 TU and $5k starting limit. It seems like they wouldn't take my now ~730 TU with how much tighter they've made things.

My last denial from US Bank was due to inquiries (10 at the time), so perhaps time is a key factor here?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the cash+ with a thin credit file. No previous history with them. Scores were around 720-760's across and got approved for $5k. This was a few months ago. 

wasn't an instant approval. Took about a week. Hope this helps 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the cash+ with a thin credit file. No previous history with them. Scores were around 720-760's across and got approved for $5k. This was a few months ago. 

wasn't an instant approval. Took about a week. Hope this helps 

what did your file look like when you apped? how many cards and accts did you have already and how old were they? did you have an existing bank acct with us bank?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.