Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWCS Pre-Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UWCS Pre-Approved!

I just got a pre-approval from Union Workers Credit Services. Has anyone heard of them? The card comes with a $10,000 CL and %5 APR and a $37 dollar activation fee that is credited back to your account after your 1st purchase. http://www.unionworkerscreditservices.com/
Message Edited by Justn on 10-03-2008 11:59 AM
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: UWCS Pre-Approved!

DO NOT GO WITH IT!!!

I got this offer as well and did research......everyone who signed up paid their $95 and bought stuff and never got their money or the stuff they ordered and never heard from these people again.

Walk away!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A new one on me! On their FAQs page, it says that they're not affiliated with a bank or existing instituion (something like that), which is a bit scary to me.

HSBC has the Union Plus card, which is surprisingly good, and doesn't seem as nutty as other HSBC cards. But I'm clueless on this one, sorry.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Bella1980
Established Contributor

DO NOT GO WITH IT!!!

I got this offer as well and did research......everyone who signed up paid their $95 and bought stuff and never got their money or the stuff they ordered and never heard from these people again.

Walk away!

Message 3 of 5
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Also this is NOT a credit card...it is a catalogue card.

Message 4 of 5
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Union Workers Credit Services
Frequently Asked Questions

What are the advantages of being a Union Workers Credit Services Member? Many! Visit our Benefits section for more information.

How do I apply for a Union Workers Credit Services Membership? Simply complete our online sign up form to begin the Membership process.

Is this revolving credit? No, Union Workers Credit Services offers a specified amount of credit good for closed-end credit purchases.

Is Union Workers Credit Services affiliated with any bank or financial institution? No, Union Workers Credit Services is a membership services company offering members
benefits shown on this site.

Is Union Workers Credit Services a loan broker? No, Union Workers Credit Services does not have the ability to arrange loans of any type.

Can I use my Union Workers Credit Services Membership Card at retailers and ATMs? No, Union Workers Credit Services Members receive the benefits included with their membership kit and/or shown on this site.

Does Union Workers Credit Services stand behind it's products and services? Absolutely, in more ways than you can imagine. View our guarantees.

How can I make purchases as a Union Workers Credit Services Member? You're automatically entitled to purchase hundreds of quality products in our catalog and special offers. You may pay by check, money order, or if approved, you can take advantage of our financing privileges. No down payment is required and monthly payments are small. Simply send the postage, insurance and handling for the items you want now, and make the monthly payments later.

How do I make payments on merchandise I have on credit? Once a month you will receive a Merchandise Billing Statement showing your balance and amount due. All you have to do is mail your payment before the due date to ensure proper credit.

Can I make payments ahead of their due date or pay off my balance ahead of schedule? Yes. You may pay off all or part of your balance ahead of schedule at any time, but you are required to pay the minimum monthly payment by the due date to insure your account is in good standing. If you pay off your balance before the first due date, no interest is charged.

What if I am not satisfied with my purchase? Contact our Member Services Department immediately. They will be happy to work with you to resolve any difficulties you may have. Union Workers Credit Services Members are protected by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all purchases, in addition to all manufacturer's warranties. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days for a full refund.

What if I am not satisfied with my Membership? Contact our Customer Services Department. You may receive a refund of your membership fee if you are dissatisfied for any reason within 60 days of receiving your membership kit.

Just say NO! This isn't going to do anything for you at all.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 10-03-2008 03:03 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.