Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Cardholder Feedback Wanted

tag
joesbrat67
Contributor

Uber Visa Cardholder Feedback Wanted

I'm thinking of app'ing for the Barclays Uber Visa card in the next few months.  I really like the benefit tiers and think it would be a great fit for my card roster.

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has had the Uber Visa card for a period of time. I'd like to see if the usage has been good/bad/somewhere in-between?  While I get YMMV, I've received great feedback in the past about other cards.

I already know that there has been some inconsistencies with the benefit tiers and some charges that should have pulled the 4%/3%/2%, etc not getting what was expected.  I'd be curious to see if those transactions were just random occurences, or something to be very cognizant of before applying.

Thanks!

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Cardholder Feedback Wanted

So when I was in the cash back  game (recently switched to points), I loved it, still do. I use it for all my subscription services and online purchases. I really like the card, it covers basically all of my bases. Barclays is known as being a PITA but I have had zero issues. My number was recently compromised and it was no questions asked replacement and removal of the fraudulent charges. 

I would recommend it, bottom line.

Any specific questions?

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 2 of 33
joesbrat67
Contributor

Good to know.  My husband has 2 cards with Barclays and has never mentioned any issues with them.  I guess my questions are more around the "online shopping" and the streaming services.  I've seen posts where some people have mentioned issues with the shopping component, but since most of mine is done either through Amazon, Best Buy or one of the major dept store websites, I doubt that I'll have the same issue.  As for streaming, I tend to use the standard ones - Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, etc.  I'm just wondering that, as new streaming services are launched, if they will be included.  I know that's not a question you can answer, more just an observation.

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 3 of 33
SBR249
Established Contributor

I used mine mostly for restaurants and the cell phone insurance. But since I got a card that gave me 5% cashback at restaurants when I choose that category I've stopped using the Uber card except for cell phone bills for now. In any case, I haven't had any problems with Barclays and I really like how they give you a points earned breakdown for each transaction so you can make sure you are getting the points you are supposed to. 

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very happy with this card.  I know some people here have reported that they didn't get 4% because somewhere didn't code as such.  I haven't found a single place where it has coded improperly(and this list is extensive).  We all know what they say about Barclays and that would make some people hesitant to apply.

I don't use this card much for online shopping.  I have received the 2% back at Amazon.  My subscriptions are either with Amazon Prime or Sirius XM.  Once you hit the 5k spend, it will auto credit whatever you have previously spent up to the $50 bonus.  

What I don't like:

If you happen to take Uber rides frequently, you'll only get 2%.  Sure you can redeem your rewards for free rides but if you get this card because you Uber everywhere you go, you would be better off with something like the US Bank Cash+ and choosing the transportation category for 5%.  The 2% is actually fine but since many of us here are reward hounds, there are better options for rides.

This is a party card plain and simple. 

Drunk and need a ride?  Covered. 

Dropped your phone in the toilet?  Covered.

No Uber available but a hotel is next store?  Covered.

Wake up in Mexico with a tattoo?  No FTF.  Covered.

For the record I have only done #1Smiley Tongue 

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the card in March 2018.   I use it for my restaurant purchases as well as my hotel stays.   Great card, nice spending limit of $14,000 and absolutely no troubles.

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my Uber Visa since July 2018. Great card so far. I use it for dining when Amex isn't accepted and hotel stays.  

Message 7 of 33
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@joesbrat67 wrote:

Good to know.  My husband has 2 cards with Barclays and has never mentioned any issues with them.  I guess my questions are more around the "online shopping" and the streaming services.  I've seen posts where some people have mentioned issues with the shopping component, but since most of mine is done either through Amazon, Best Buy or one of the major dept store websites, I doubt that I'll have the same issue.  As for streaming, I tend to use the standard ones - Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, etc.  I'm just wondering that, as new streaming services are launched, if they will be included.  I know that's not a question you can answer, more just an observation.

I would say yes. As long as they are coded correctly. Imagine my surprise when I saw my DirecTV now payments eligible for the 50 dollar streaming credit. 

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joesbrat67 wrote:

I've never had an issue with Amazon, Best Buy, or other major stores I've ordered from. Once I qualified for the streaming credit it was retroactively applied to my Amazon Prime membership. There are a couple exceptions to the category that I've experienced: ordering glasses (health care MCC), buying a domain name (professional services MCC), and paying the phone bill (utilities MCC). These only earn 1%.

I'm also partial because I did get a rare 2x auto-CLI from them. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive never seen a post go so long with no Barclays bashingSmiley Wink. WeirdSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.