Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Cardholder Feedback Wanted

tag
joesbrat67
Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Cardholder Feedback Wanted

This all sounds great and is enticing me more in the direction of applying. Just curious as to how many of you were issued starting CLs that you felt were in-line with your expectations?
Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 21 of 33
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I love this card. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I only got it because I needed to convert my rewards card since they sold it to Mercury. Turns out I use this card all the time. I split my restaurant spend (which is a lot) between this card and the Amex gold. Put my cell phone bill on it and I will use it the week after next for hotel spend. Honestly the categories work perfect for me. To me it's a great all around card. And no matter what the category your first 5k in spend is really = 2% because of the $50 credit. I just think it's a great card.

Explain this to me, how could 5K in resturant spend which is 4% really be 2% because of the subscription credit.  Or did you mean that your first 5K in spend is a minimum of 2% which would be correct.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure happy to explain...I guess I meant what I said which was first 5k = 2% and I went on to say because of the $50 credit.

Didnt say "restaurant spend". I said no matter what the category (ie non 4/3/2)
Sorry you found yourself confused.
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joesbrat67 wrote:
This all sounds great and is enticing me more in the direction of applying. Just curious as to how many of you were issued starting CLs that you felt were in-line with your expectations?

Mine was a little low, as I had to recon. They weren't a big fan of my short history (my oldest card was only a little over a year old at the time), but I was approved, and I'm one of the few to get a decent auto-CLI from them, so I've been happy.

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the card. Except the design... it’s an ugly card and I don’t like advertising for Uber every time I eat out, which is what I use it for most frequently. I don’t even like Uber, I think I’ve used lyft more often. That’s the only thing that bugs me about it, but not enough to keep me from collecting that 4% back! I eat out a lot. Can’t wait until Discover 5% on restaurants category again though so I can put the Uber card away for a few months.

I also use it for my phone bill for the insurance, and the occasional hotel room or airfare.

I was initially denied, called recon and was approved with a $1000 limit. It’s been about 9 months now and I just got an auto CLI to $3300 so I’m happy and they must be too.

To the guy who explained how it’s basically an extra 1% back on the first $5000 as long as you use streaming services, thank you! Never thought of it that way, absolutely true and another great reason to use this card and get up to that $5k mark.

Now please just make me a plain black version without the cheesy reflective squares design and it will be my favorite card.
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Plasticbill 🤣 I'm so glad im not the only one who doesn't like the look of this card. I find myself using it all the time for on line ordering. Uber eats; use Uber card. Order online and pick up; use Uber card. Delivery; use Uber card. Whoah wait a second.....we are in a restaurant ...with a server; Use AMEX Gold. So silly-but true. I did use it at this breakfast spot after unsuccessfully presenting my AMEX and what do you know, the woman complimented the card saying how "cool looking" she thought it was. I actually laughed and thought to myself wow the universe is really telling me to quit being so stupid lol.
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Plasticbill 🤣 I'm so glad im not the only one who doesn't like the look of this card. I find myself using it all the time for on line ordering. Uber eats; use Uber card. Order online and pick up; use Uber card. Delivery; use Uber card. Whoah wait a second.....we are in a restaurant ...with a server; Use AMEX Gold. So silly-but true. I did use it at this breakfast spot after unsuccessfully presenting my AMEX and what do you know, the woman complimented the card saying how "cool looking" she thought it was. I actually laughed and thought to myself wow the universe is really telling me to quit being so stupid lol.

It would be a great looking card if you were at a 1980s themed disco club.

Message 27 of 33
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sure happy to explain...I guess I meant what I said which was first 5k = 2% and I went on to say because of the $50 credit.

Didnt say "restaurant spend". I said no matter what the category (ie non 4/3/2)
Sorry you found yourself confused.

Still confused. I used resturant as an example of what I think.  If my first 5K is all restaurant spend then i get 4% or $200. I will then get $50 credit for subscriptions. Thus is a total of $250 or 5%. I think you are saying you would get a minimum of 2% if your first  5K was all 1% spend.  

I doubt all of anyone's  spend would all be one category so in reality on your first 5K spend you would reap somewhere between 2% and 5% rewards. Do I have it figured correctly?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 28 of 33
Caught750
Valued Contributor

They're simply saying that absolute worst case your return would be 2% on the first $5k spent. You're also correct in saying that for the first $5k it would essentially be 5/4/3/2% as the credit gives an extra 1% return.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 29 of 33
rooeez
Regular Contributor

No complaints here. I had a Barclay Rewards card before the Uber card. I've never had a problem with either.

I app'd for the Uber card and moved my CL over before closing the Rewards card. I use it mostly for eating out for the 4% and have my cell phone bill and streaming services paid through it also. My travel goes on my CSR and for Uber, etc. since I can get 3 pts instead.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.