cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Interest from my end, but will it fit with what I have in my wallet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa Interest from my end, but will it fit with what I have in my wallet?

Hello gang.  Over the last few days I been interested in getting the Uber Visa Card.  However, my spending to hit the caterogires may not be the best fit.  With that being said, I want to talk it out with everyone first. 

Income:  $50k in FL 

EX: 788  TU:  801  EQ:  805 

Inquries: TU:  2, EQ:  2,  EX:  2 

AAOA:  6 years 11 months (last card the PP MC was opened eight months ago, oldest card was AU that's 25 years old)

Cards that's under my name:  

Paypal Mastercard $10k limit:  2% general spend (like music stores, phone bill, cable, etc.) 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa $15.5k limit:  5% Amazon and special offers, 2% on Food/Dining, Gas, Drug Stores

Amex Cash Magnet $10k limit:  Useless card that I only keep for GF's Lyft rides (in order to dispute if needed).  Don't like the $25 cash back min.  Amex has good customer service, but card is pretty much put away. 

Credit Union Credit Card $21k limit:  Visa Platium that's good to be charged cheapest amount of interest.  

Currently I don't have anything for travels.  I might be doing some traveling up to New England this year, but I don't like points.  I also do eat out a lot with my other half, about $400ish a month.  Streaming redemption by hitting $5,000 isn't a bad deal, and cell phone insurance isn't bad.  

With my current cateorgy spend, would it be useful to move those spends over to the Uber?  I will be honest, I don't know how often I'll be using the 3% category on the Uber card.  I just want to think carefully before I submit any apps.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Interest from my end, but will it fit with what I have in my wallet?

I personally would not go after that Uber Credit Card. It does not reward that much, and I feel unless you use it every single day than the rewards are not worth the interest rate.

PS... I would not be worried about being denied for literally anything. You're score is purrfect. Anything over 750 on Equifax is typically a A+ Interest rate. What that means is that banks or finanical companies such as Chase have bands of which they charge interest 750-800+ A+, 725-750- B, and then so fourth. You will probably be given the best interest rate they offer.

Message 2 of 4
JaseT
Established Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Interest from my end, but will it fit with what I have in my wallet?

I say go for it. You would be doubling your dining rewards and that would be nearly an extra $100 a year at current spend. The cell phone coverage is nice, as is the extra $50 credit per year for streaming services (with a minimum $5k spend overall on the card). Interest rates don't matter if you PIF, and really, most rewards savy folks don't pay interest.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 3 of 4
Grabiela
New Contributor

I would say apply and i am sure you will be approved and you will like it. its a great card. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.