Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa & Grubhub

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa & Grubhub

Hi all. Currently, I have a Marvel card that I use heavily for dining and games. I am interested in the Uber Visa mainly for the 4% dining as we eat out often, especially ordering from Grubhub. The 3% travel would be nice too since I do a couple of domestic flights a year. I would like to know if Grubhub counts as dining for the Uber Visa card before I decide to apply. If it doesn't, should I try to apply for it regardless? Is the Uber Visa card really that good?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa & Grubhub

I've never used Grubhub so I dont know. But since it seems that you've used it before, check your previous purchases and see what it coded as. 

Message 2 of 6
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Just got my Uber Visa so I haven't really put it through the paces yet. I like that the 4% includes fast food too. Before CSR was used because it was 3%. No idea about GrubHub, but it specifically says that online orders that code as restaurants/food will get the 4%.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 3 of 6
SBR249
Established Contributor

Might want to just run a test transaction through and see. There's some DP online that Visa recently switched services like GrubHub, Eat24, etc. to an MCC that codes for online transactions and not as restaurants for people using Chase CSR. 

Message 4 of 6
hefw26
Established Member

Not sure if you ever got a clear answer on this, but I have the Uber Visa and it definitely gives the 4% for seamless/grubhub purchases. I order in a lot so I'm loving it, would def recommend if you haven't already applied!

EX: 834 TU: 831 EQ: 818

Citi DC- $16.3k Quicksilver- $10k Chase FU- $4.5k Amex BCE- $17.5k Barclays Uber- $15k DiscoverIt- $11k BoA Customized- $10k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hefw26 wrote:

Not sure if you ever got a clear answer on this, but I have the Uber Visa and it definitely gives the 4% for seamless/grubhub purchases. I order in a lot so I'm loving it, would def recommend if you haven't already applied!

Thank you so much for answering. I order in a lot as well. I will definitely try to apply once I get my scores up some more. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.