Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa cash back categories DP thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa cash back categories DP thread

Paypal has religiously coded as 2% for me until now, let's hope it holds.

I used it via Samsung Pay at a Ross store and it only got coded as 1%.

Restaurants have been pretty good about coding as 4%, except the ones whose MCC aren't the typical Restaurants of course.

Even a gift card purchase at cardcookie.com got coded as 2% for me.

Every flight and hotel (including a Good Nite Inn motel) has coded as 3% for me.

For some reason their system has stopped recognizing subscription credits. A chat with a Customer Service Rep confirmed that they know about this issue and hope to resolve it by the end of the month.

Message 41 of 46
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out which card I should getm after talking to a coworker about traveling but in the end, cash back is where its at after the travel is done. So, was wondering for the uber $50 statement after $5K spend. Let's say you spent $5K on dining for the sake of the example, that means they will credit you $50 for prime or whatever service you have and you get to keep your $200 on top of the $50 statement credit? 

I find it really hard to even use the card honestly for everyday expenses. I feel like the WP amex is really good for everyday driver. But, say I did $5K on the propel, I would get $150. If, lets say that I pay the prime at a yearly rate of $120. I would have $30. While, the Uber card would leave me with $130 net. Idk, which card would make sense lol. Its not easy aha.

Message 42 of 46
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

I'm currently basking in my Disco's 5% cashback for restaurants then match at the end of my first year but after end of September this looks like the best no annual fee restaurant card out there. It has me like 

homerslim.gif

AU

Message 43 of 46
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys, do you know if Uber online payment for the 2% will it count if you did a plastiq payment? Thanks!
Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some dps.
I used the home depot app a lot this past month(always paying with the uber visa), and all the transactions qualified for the 2% cashback.
*happy camper*
Message 45 of 46
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@SEAlifer wrote:

I'm currently basking in my Disco's 5% cashback for restaurants then match at the end of my first year but after end of September this looks like the best no annual fee restaurant card out there.

It's my main dining card (and I also use Cash+ for Fast Food).  Neither the DH or I are much for cooking, so we eat out a lot.   I already maxed out my Discover 5% rewards for the quarter.

The only thing you won't get 4% on under Dining is Caterers.   Sync's cards will consider it to be Dining, so Sam's Club and Marvel would be a better option for those rare instances.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.