Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh Oh...

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Uh Oh...

I absolutely despise the Paypal Extras MC automated customer service. It was refusing to transfer me to a representative. I ended up saying something along the lines of "I'm about to close the _______ account! Representative" So then it said that closing my account would also close all authorized users made a noise and then said OK I closed your account for you and hung up on me. Smiley Sad  I called back right away and talked to a guy. He put me on hold came back a few minutes later trying to tell me that the account was closed and he couldn't reopen it. I would have to apply again. Up until that point I was really nice, but  I went off on him and demanded to speak with a supervisor. He put me on hold and then came back thirty seconds later to tell me that the account was reopened and everything was the same. I dodged a major bullet here. It's my highest limit and has about $100 of rewards points sitting on it. Just wanted to share so that hopefully nobody else says something in frustration to the automated system. It will take you very seriously. I just can't believe that it wouldn't ask for a confirmation that you want to close the account or transfer you to a person. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Uh Oh...

@D-Wall wrote:

I absolutely despise the Paypal Extras MC automated customer service. It was refusing to transfer me to a representative. I ended up saying something along the lines of "I'm about to close the _______ account! Representative" So then it said that closing my account would also close all authorized users made a noise and then said OK I closed your account for you and hung up on me. Smiley Sad  I called back right away and talked to a guy. He put me on hold came back a few minutes later trying to tell me that the account was closed and he couldn't reopen it. I would have to apply again. Up until that point I was really nice, but  I went off on him and demanded to speak with a supervisor. He put me on hold and then came back thirty seconds later to tell me that the account was reopened and everything was the same. I dodged a major bullet here. It's my highest limit and has about $100 of rewards points sitting on it. Just wanted to share so that hopefully nobody else says something in frustration to the automated system. It will take you very seriously. I just can't believe that it wouldn't ask for a confirmation that you want to close the account or transfer you to a person. 

Smiley SurprisedWow

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@D-Wall wrote:

O.M.G! ! !

OP is a big time bullet dodger ! ! ! !

Message 3 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I also absolutely hate their automated phone service.  Now I'll add that to the list of things not to say (usually I only say "credit line increase" anyway lol).

Message 4 of 15
JonStur
Established Contributor

That's got to be the proverbial " mouth writing a check your butt can't cash"!!!! Glad you got it back..guess that system would be great at poker, ready and willing to call a bluff!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 15
n777ua
Established Contributor

I was mad at the GE Amazon automated system a few weeks ago and finally said "agent agent agent!" to which it replied "are you sure you'd like to close your account ?"

For God's sakes...no!

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 6 of 15
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Yea, PP automated system sucks....With them, and others as well, I always just say "OPERATOR", or I press "0".  That usually gets me this response;  "Ok, a representative will be right with you."

Message 7 of 15
jeffery581
Established Contributor

it makes you want to avoid GECRB. they are all the same. usually it takes 5 minutes of pressing 0 to get live "help" .

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 8 of 15
Exonumist
Established Contributor

See that's the thing. I had to have said representative, agent, csr, pushed 0, etc at least a total of about 30  times cumulatively. It wasn't even doing the typical response of asking what I was calling about to get me to "the right person". I was just frustrated and said it more to myself then anything. I don't know. I'm just glad I was able to get them to reverse it. 

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.