cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh oh, i think i got too greedy >.< UPDATE: No go on 2nd CLI but good news!

tag
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Uh oh, i think i got too greedy >.< UPDATE: No go on 2nd CLI but good news!

So  after my 6th statement cut for my citi forward, i requested a cli to make my total CL $5500 (i want it to become a visa sig!). They counter offered me to increase it to $3500 with a soft pull. I ofcourse accepted, then immediately clicked the "Ask for more button" requesting $5500 again (i dont care if its a hard pull, i just want my visa sig lol). This time i returned with a "Please wait 30 minutes" screen. Now im scared and kind of regretting my decision haha. Ill update you guys more as it comes!

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Uh oh, i think i got too greedy >.<

@charleeislegend wrote:

So  after my 6th statement cut for my citi forward, i requested a cli to make my total CL $5500 (i want it to become a visa sig!). They counter offered me to increase it to $3500 with a soft pull. I ofcourse accepted, then immediately clicked the "Ask for more button" requesting $5500 again (i dont care if its a hard pull, i just want my visa sig lol). This time i returned with a "Please wait 30 minutes" screen. Now im scared and kind of regretting my decision haha. Ill update you guys more as it comes!

there is a good chance you will get approved for the CLI but almost a HP guaranteed...good luck!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 11
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@charleeislegend wrote:

Hi OP, 

How do you know its a Softpull? Did you have to enter in your financial info etc?

And as far as the 30 minute screen. for me I think its okay as long as its not an immediate denial. 

Message 3 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

Hi OP, 

How do you know its a Softpull? Did you have to enter in your financial info etc?

And as far as the 30 minute screen. for me I think its okay as long as its not an immediate denial. 

after you click submit it will give you the instant CLI amount and state that no HP was required. The 30 minute means there will be a HP but chances are good you will get approved for such request or a counteroffer will be available. I requested an increase on my Simplicity card at 3 months (from 2k to 5k), gave me the check back in 30 minutes message and about 5 minutes later i got an email saying it was approved. Next day i had an alert of a HP on my EQ from Citibank/CBNA.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 11
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

im crossing my fingers! still havent gotten a response yet

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 5 of 11
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Good Luck!!  So you don't know if its a SP or HP until you already submitted the CLI?  Be nice if you knew before the submit..  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Simply827
Established Contributor

@HYPASS33 wrote:

Good Luck!!  So you don't know if its a SP or HP until you already submitted the CLI?  Be nice if you knew before the submit..  Smiley Happy

See here

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-CLI-Screen-difference-for-SP-amp-HP-and-Personal-B...

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

99% sure it'll be an HP, but you probably have a good shot at approval. GL!

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 11
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

so its been over 5 hours since my request and still no response when they said it will take 30 minutes... should i try again or send them a call?

Message 9 of 11
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

So no go on the 2nd CLI, BUT so far I dont see a HP on my credit monitoring! Also when i was talking to the citi CSR on live chat, they said I was eligible for a upgrade to the Visa Signature on August 22nd! So I'm definitely calling back in for that! So not all bad news as I still got my SP CLI and now know when i can upgrade to a visa sig. So excited! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.