Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

I'm sorry kib of typing frantically exp date 12\15 not 05. I am hold with a security analyst at chase. Someone capped today and instantly approved and that's when the email was sent to me.
Message 11 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Good golly I cannot type on my phone! Chase has closed the account and will have the trade and the inquiries removed (they will report 2-3 days from today). Definitely not a product switch between banks. Ironic since I didn't apply for this card thinking I would TOTALLY get declined *disgruntled*

THANK YOU for everyone's replies!

Message 12 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Good golly I cannot type on my phone! Chase has closed the account and will have the trade and the inquiries removed (they will report 2-3 days from today). Definitely not a product switch between banks. Ironic since I didn't apply for this card thinking I would TOTALLY get declined *disgruntled*

THANK YOU for everyone's replies!

Wait, someone did open the card with your address? and it was approved? how much? Why didn't you say I didn't do it but go ahead and mark this one lost/stolen and update my info and send me a new card!?

Message 13 of 31
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You want to file a police report and use it to place fraud alert on your report. This is the case of identity theft.

Message 14 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Someone was in my Amazon account, from the "recently viewed section" of xobox bundles my guess is someone thought they would use my credit and get it shipped elsewhere? IDK people are smart and stupid at the same time... I didn't ask for my own card because I don't need it right now. 

When their fraud report is complete she will be calling me back to confirm if I want to file a police report, and forward me all the investigation info, she said no later than 2pm tomorrow, 

Message 15 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This is scary... seems like you might want to call and put an identity freeze on your reports.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

People are so dumb... any time ive wanted a gift shipped to a different address ive had to verify through my email account or via text before the shipping address is approved.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Fraud alert is in place with all 3 bureaus. I have an idea who did this, only 2 people in world know my ss# and they are both scumbags. 

Does a security/fraud alert affect my accounts already established? 3 or 4 were opened this month... crap Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 31
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Fraud alert is in place with all 3 bureaus. I have an idea who did this, only 2 people in world know my ss# and they are both scumbags. 

Does a security/fraud alert affect my accounts already established? 3 or 4 were opened this month... crap Smiley Sad

No it does not. Make sure to supply police report to CRA afterwards. Without police report fraud alert only last 90 days.

Message 19 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely! Thank you again to all who replied I appreciate it
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.