Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

No it wont affect any current accounts. Fraud alerts last 90 days. Bassically if someone or even you tries to open any new accounts you'll have to call and very info before the account can be opened in your name.

Message 21 of 31
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

You did the correct thing taking this very seriously.

Did you ever receive your standard Amazon card?

Something similar accord with me.  My wife wanted a Macy's card, but could not afford the HP, so I applied to get a card for her to use.  I applied for the standard Macy's store only card.  They approved me, but when the card arrived I was given the amex macy's card that we a fully functioning credit card.  I did not apply for this card, but my credit and income must have moved me into this category.

Did you tell chase that you had applied for a Amazon card?  They may have approved you for the higher tier due to your standing. 

Just a thought. 

Message 22 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I received the Amazon Store card a few days ago. I didn't think I could be "upped" between banks (one is GE the other Chase)?

Message 23 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The two cards are underwritten by two different banks like QA said. You cannot be upgraded like you could with say, the walmart card, where both are underwritten by GE.
Message 24 of 31
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I successfully apped for the Amazon store card 2ish weeks ago (in time for Christmas), I did not app for the Visa because I knew Chase would decline me for high util & too many inquiries. 

I just received an email, "Congratulating me for being approved for the Amazon Visa" AND it has been added to my Amazon account as a default form of payment (WHICH IT HAS)

I didn't app for this card, there is nothing on any of my reports from Chase. Has this happened to anyone else?? 

p.s. I didn't click on any of the email's links, I went to my Amazon account on another, secure, computer and a new Amazon Visa exp 12/05 is sitting under my forms of payment. 

Kinda freaked out a little, seeing as my identity has already been stolen once Smiley Sad

Are you an Amazon Prime member/frequent buyer? If not my guess is when they did the hard pull for the store card they liked your report enough to upgrade you to the visa card.

Message 25 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

RE: separate banks for Visa vs. Store card) I know, that's why it was so alarming 

And no, I am not a prime member either

And if this is all a result of a hard pull by Chase based without my consent I have an issue with that, since that is 2 different banks altogether 

Message 26 of 31
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I received the Amazon Store card a few days ago. I didn't think I could be "upped" between banks (one is GE the other Chase)?

That is a real issue.  I would agree there would be no way to be upped if the institutions were different.

Good thing you were on top of your credit accounts. 

Message 27 of 31
slarano
Frequent Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:

You did the correct thing taking this very seriously.

Did you ever receive your standard Amazon card?

Something similar accord with me.  My wife wanted a Macy's card, but could not afford the HP, so I applied to get a card for her to use.  I applied for the standard Macy's store only card.  They approved me, but when the card arrived I was given the amex macy's card that we a fully functioning credit card.  I did not apply for this card, but my credit and income must have moved me into this category.

Did you tell chase that you had applied for a Amazon card?  They may have approved you for the higher tier due to your standing. 

Just a thought. 

When you applied in-store, there is a box that YOU must 'X' to opt out of being considered for the AmEx portion of the Macy's application. By not hitting the box in the top left corner on the signature prompt, you consented to apply for both the Macy's store card and co-branded AmEx credit card from Macy's. You were not moved into this category, you simply did not opt out of the AmEx portion of the application.

ImageImageImage

Message 28 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Applications that offer BOTH the STORE version and MAJOR (Amex,Discover,Visa,MC) version only occur when BOTH cards are underwritten by the SAME bank. For instance, walmart, old navy (gap, banana republic, piperlime) macy's, JCP,  best buy, things like that. 

AFAIK Amazon is one of the only stores where the 2 different cards are UW by different banks. 

Message 29 of 31
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

That is scary b/c you have to be signed into your Amazon account to app for either card! I would definitely freeze your credit reports asap and change your account passwords!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.