Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unify FCU?.

tag
Veritas
Established Member

Re: Unify FCU?.

@Appleman wrote:

I have been with Unify since August 16. I just had free checking and savings with them until his monh.

I decided to apply for their PLOC and was approved for $25,000 at 7.75% (which beats my PenFed PLOC at 11.00% and NFCU at 13.9%)

I decided to app for a CC as well and they said at this point they could offer one or the other so I took the PLOC.

What was the turnaround time on the PLOC? Did you apply online?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull Experian. My score was a 620 was approved for a 22K truck loan no money down and they gave me a visa with a small limit because I am building. They are super easy to deal with.

Message 12 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Unify/western FCU?. Are they generous? Stingy? Difficult to apply for?.

Contemplating giving them a go for their locked in rate Visa later this year.

They have good products.

But my impression of them is that they are stingy and hyper conservative.

They use FICO Auto 2, which seems to be much lower than most other scores.

They turned me down the first time I applied for credit.

They supposedly approved me, the second time I applied for credit. But then, before finalizing, they wanted ridiculous documentation, some of which didn't even exist. So my application has been sitting in limbo for months.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just my experience with this credit union but I would stay far away. I opened a savings and checking account last year and had called in 3 different times to ask for a debit card, still never received one. I have a no tolerance policy for inconsistent customer service. 

Message 14 of 16
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Unify/western FCU?. Are they generous? Stingy? Difficult to apply for?.

They have good products.

They supposedly approved me, the second time I applied for credit. But then, before finalizing, they wanted ridiculous documentation, some of which didn't even exist. So my application has been sitting in limbo for months.

Quick correction:  they use FICO Score 2 (but the one that is not the auto version).  The reason I know this for a fact is because I was told this by a Unify CSR, and they also used my FICO Score 2 values as they went up and improved to provide multiple card upgrades and APR reductions.

Message 15 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

They have good products.

Quick correction:  they use FICO Score 2 (but the one that is not the auto version).  The reason I know this for a fact is because I was told this by a Unify CSR, and they also used my FICO Score 2 values as they went up and improved to provide multiple card upgrades and APR reductions.

When I got an adverse action letter from them the only score of mine that matched was the FICO Auto 2, not the FICO 2, model.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.