Did you mean: 

Unique Scenario for the Credit Experts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unique Scenario for the Credit Experts

Brammy wrote:

SpecFile wrote:
Dont apologize.....  I only know this because I drooled over the Amex for a long time.  Not my go for card anymore.  Now I'd like to know if it pays to discover.Smiley Very Happy So now I'm bugging their CSRs and using up uunnecessary bandwidth on their site.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-29-2007 06:38 PM

So if you don't have an AMEX account associated with a BK then you might be able to get one of their cards?  I am reading so much on these forums and learning so much that I get ahead of myself sometimes. lol

According to the rep.  I was actually declined not because of my BK (at least it didn't say so in the letter) but too many new accounts.

I was denied also, but not for BK. Rep said it was for 2 open CA still reporting on old debt from 2001 from FCNB, now out of business. SOL on suit in my state is past, but I have to wait until May 2008 for them to be gone from CR. I can try back then.
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a ton of CO's and just got approved for the amex delta with a EX score of 631.

Your scores aren't bad for what you have on your CR's. I don't understand how you got a mortage... maybe the income? Anyways, your scores are decent.

What do you mean by a "ton" of COs?  Do they come close in gross $$ to what I noted in my opening post?   I appreciate that all I have to do to find out is apply for a new card, but at the rate of 5-8 points against these scores for a hard inquiry, that's a painful experiment.   

Message Edited by texican on 08-29-2007 06:37 PM

Message Edited by texican on 08-29-2007 06:37 PM
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not true at all.  I have seen others on this forum with situations similar to yours get the AMEX Delta Gold.  BKs are a no-go for AMEX but Liens and Judgements have not posed a serious threat to applicants of the Delta Gold.  Give it a try!

I can't believe I took the plunge, but I did and AMEX just approved me for the Skymiles Gold. Simply amazing. I'll be curious to see what the pull did to my scores.   

Message 23 of 31
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

You may take a small hit now but think of what you are building down the road.  Congrats to you.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

texican wrote:
I can't believe I took the plunge, but I did and AMEX just approved me for the Skymiles Gold. Simply amazing. I'll be curious to see what the pull did to my scores.   

Contragulation!!!! That's great news! Smiley Very Happy
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I mentioned, AMEX approved my Skymiles Gold app online last night. So today I pulled all three CBs. No AMEX inquiry on TU or Equifax, only Experian (I am in Texas.)  Score dropped from 647 to 638, not bad at all.   Well worth the gain of having the card and the higher available credit. 

Message Edited by texican on 08-30-2007 07:09 PM
Message 26 of 31
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I am also in Texas and went from 647 down to 640 with the AMEX hit on EX.  Nothing compared to the long term gains.
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Messing with this crap is addicting.  Kinda like Dorothy wondering what was behind the curtain.
Message 28 of 31
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

You're telling me Bro!  Very addicting.Smiley Wink
Message 29 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SpecFile wrote:
My apologies.  I knew that I had read about BKs and AMEX acceptance but wasn't clear on whether the BK could involve an AMEX CC.

The best way to put it is Amex is not BK friendly but there are few who have posted approvals with a BK on their CRs. It's not common though.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.