Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Mileage Plus Explorer now 50k points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

United Mileage Plus Explorer now 50k points

The public offer for the Explorer card is now 50k.  This is the personal card, not the business card.  Very handy card if you fly United.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFWLTO?CELL=TCN&int_source=loyalty&mode=d&int_medium=uacom&int_ca...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

Re: United Mileage Plus Explorer now 50k points

Just had my united card replaced by mail and came today. I ended up getting an EMV card, I actually really like the new look to emv card. Still feels like a cheap card, idk chase seemed to really cheap out on the United card. I must say though it looks great!

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 2 of 8
doctorofcredit
Valued Member

Actually possible to get 50k points (+5k for authorized user) + $50 statement credit. All you need to do is start to make a dummy booking on United, on the second page you'll see a link to the offer to the right hand side. 

TU08 - 823
Message 3 of 8
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the Link!

Message 4 of 8
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

@doctorofcredit wrote:

Actually possible to get 50k points (+5k for authorized user) + $50 statement credit. All you need to do is start to make a dummy booking on United, on the second page you'll see a link to the offer to the right hand side. 

Awesome! I found it and tried to post the link but it takes you to the normal offer the OP linked. If everyone does what you explained then they will easily find it too.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 5 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

@lukepwnsall wrote:

Just had my united card replaced by mail and came today. I ended up getting an EMV card, I actually really like the new look to emv card. Still feels like a cheap card, idk chase seemed to really cheap out on the United card. I must say though it looks great!

I agree, my united mileage plus visa signature is the worst of all my chase cards. it is flimsy and feels horrible, 

I am going to send a secure message asking for an emv card. i could hit replacement card but dont want the same thing coming back at me lol. and im annoyed i missed that sign offer when I got mine in March. Probably could ask chase to match it no problems at all. 

Message 6 of 8
C6Guy
Established Member

God why did I go online today. I'm hurting from being denied an Amex ED even with a solid score...and was trying to scratch the itch for a new card and had this card on my cross hairs. Anyone familiar what the miles break down to as far as a dollar value on travel? I have a destination wedding to Cabo later this year so theoleage would help. But spending another 3K after my venture seems steep. Lol
Message 7 of 8
selena
Contributor

United MileagePlus Explorer 50,000 bonus Offer

If I was a frequent traveler I would be all over this but sadly I'm not.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.