Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United MileagePlus Awards Card

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

United MileagePlus Awards Card

There seems to be little out there known about the MP Awards Card: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_awards-benefits-rewards.htm

The general consensus is that it's only an upgrade/downgrade card for Chase United Card members.

Anyone know anything else about this card? What's the AF? I know I can't apply for it, but as of now, is one able to downgrade from MP Explorer to Awards? How about downgrade MP Club Card to Awards? TIA

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: United MileagePlus Awards Card

@SuperKirby wrote:

There seems to be little out there known about the MP Awards Card: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_awards-benefits-rewards.htm

The general consensus is that it's only an upgrade/downgrade card for Chase United Card members.

Anyone know anything else about this card? What's the AF? I know I can't apply for it, but as of now, is one able to downgrade from MP Explorer to Awards? How about downgrade MP Club Card to Awards? TIA

I just called them to ask about Chase United MileagePlus Awards Plus. It is the older card and it is not available to apply for the card.  The difference between Mileage Plus Explorer  and Awards Plus card are 2 miles per $1 for the Explorer;  1miles for $1spent and no fee baggage check and 2 complimentary airport club access.

Ron.

Message 2 of 20
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called them to ask about Chase United MileagePlus Awards Plus. It is the older card and it is not available to apply for the card.  The difference between Mileage Plus Explorer  and Awards Plus card are 2 miles per $1 for the Explorer;  1miles for $1spent and no fee baggage check and 2 complimentary airport club access.

Ron.

Thanks Ron. Do you know the Annual Fee for the MileagePlus Awards Card? Can I downgrade from the Explorer card to the Awards card?

Message 3 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Thanks Ron. Do you know the Annual Fee for the MileagePlus Awards Card? Can I downgrade from the Explorer card to the Awards card?

I didn't ask them about AF. Why do you want to downgrade the card? 

Ron.

Message 4 of 20
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Ron1 wrote:

I didn't ask them about AF. Why do you want to downgrade the card? 

Ron.

Oh ok. 

Once I hit Premier Elite status SIlver, there is absolutely no reason for me to keep the Explorer card as Silver gets you much better benefits then the card. Only two things the Explorer gets you that Silver can't: Primary Car rental coverage in which I never rent cars, and 10K bonus miles when you spend 25K in which I split my spending with too many other cards to meet 25K a year. Oh it also gives you 2 lounge passes but I personally don't think that is worth $95 a year.

Message 5 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got the card because of free baggage check in. The baggage fee will pay $95 AF. You might want to change these card into other type of cards.

Ron.

Message 6 of 20
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I got the card because of free baggage check in. The baggage fee will pay $95 AF. You might want to change these card into other type of cards.

Ron.

Yeah, once I get UA Silver, I'll get free baggages anyway and even better benefits (i'll even get 25% extra miles) so I dont need the Explorer. If the MileagePlus Awards Card can be free, then i'll switch to that.

UA Silver: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/default.aspx

Message 7 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Yeah, once I get UA Silver, I'll get free baggages anyway and even better benefits (i'll even get 25% extra miles) so I dont need the Explorer https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/default.aspx   If the MileagePlus Awards Card can be free, then i'll switch to that.

You can call them to ask about Mileage Plus Awards Plus Card. I don't think it has no AF. It might be $75 or less.

Ron.

Message 8 of 20
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Ron1 wrote:

You can call them to ask about Mileage Plus Awards Plus Card. I don't think it has no AF. It might be $75 or less.

Ron.

Thanks Ron. I'll give em a call Monday. If anyone else know the AF, feel free to chime in...

Message 9 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Thanks Ron. I'll give em a call Monday. If anyone else know the AF, feel free to chime in...

I just called them they're here.

Ron.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.