Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University of Michigan CU aka UMCU

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: University of Michigan CU aka UMCU

I know this is a dead thread (6 months old), but was wondering if anyone knows who they pull for membership and cards?

Message 11 of 18
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Hi, 

They pull transunion only for credit. No pull for membership. Also the credit pull is valid for 30 days. 

btw pretty awesome Credit Union

Hope this helps

Message 12 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@aloush11 wrote:

Hi, 

They pull transunion only for credit. No pull for membership. Also the credit pull is valid for 30 days. 

Hope this helps

It does a lot and thanks for quick reply!!  Any idea how they are with new accts but low inq?  Is it true they have no BT fee?

Message 13 of 18
aloush11
Regular Contributor

No problem

They really look at the whole picture, if they are not able to approve you for something they dont just say NO. They will send you to a financial counselor to make sure you know what your doing. They sent me there when I requested a 20k Personal Loan. I did it all over the phone and was recommend for the loan. 

I had several new accounts and I was never asked about it. I was asked to prove income so I emailed them a copy of some stubs. 

They have no transfer fee and I think the rate is 8.99%. I was initially approved at 3k and after using it for a couple weeks I called back and asked if I could get it bumped to 8k and they countered at 5k. All with the same pull. 

Message 14 of 18
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@aloush11 wrote:

Hi, 

Hope this helps

It does a lot and thanks for quick reply!!  Any idea how they are with new accts but low inq?  Is it true they have no BT fee?

From the website there is no BT fee and in fact pay 1% to transfer a balance if the balance remains for 3 months before being transferred again (not sure what happens if you pay it off).  Don't know anything about the service or application process.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 15 of 18
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Can you send me where you see that? I dont ever remember reading that

Message 16 of 18
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@aloush11 wrote:

Can you send me where you see that? I dont ever remember reading that

http://www.umcu.org/Credit_Card_Comparison_Chart_94.html

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 17 of 18
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Thats AMAZING! Its new to me. lol 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.