Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University of Southern California CU??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

University of Southern California CU??

Anyone have any dealings with them that could share some info on products, what sort of credit, etc.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: University of Southern California CU??

It's look all they have is a Trojan USCCU Platinum Credit Card, and that's it. I thought at first you meant, University Credit Union (UCLA's) credit union. University Credit Union have a pretty good Overdraft Line of Credit, Platinum MasterCard, and Fixed rate Gold MC rates now.

Oh for UCU though, make sure you live and reside in Southern California, and affiliated with UCLA, J Paul Getty Musuem, Pepperdine University, Loyola Marymount. They don't do out-of-state loans of any kind. They have more affiliates, but that was all I could see on their website.

www.ucu.org

Cory

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Cory wrote:

It's look all they have is a Trojan USCCU Platinum Credit Card, and that's it. I thought at first you meant, University Credit Union (UCLA's) credit union. University Credit Union have a pretty good Overdraft Line of Credit, Platinum MasterCard, and Fixed rate Gold MC rates now.

Oh for UCU though, make sure you live and reside in Southern California, and affiliated with UCLA, J Paul Getty Musuem, Pepperdine University, Loyola Marymount. They don't do out-of-state loans of any kind. They have more affiliates, but that was all I could see on their website.

www.ucu.org

Cory

No, USC, not UCU... USC has every type of credit product you want and you only have to reside here or work here or be a student to apply!

Message 3 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

No, USC, not UCU... USC has every type of credit product you want and you only have to reside here or work here or be a student to apply!

Are you planning on going back to school there now? What are you going to major in?

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Are you planning on going back to school there now? What are you going to major in?

No, no school for me Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

No, no school for me Smiley Happy

It is never too late. I am of age 52 years and I am completing my Degree in Biotech by this summer and starting Med School in Caribbean this Fall. 3 years I'll be a Medical Doctor. Being a computer Engineer for 30 years now I want to become a Doctor and combine my computer skills and medical education and discover a drug or cure that helps human kind. I am hoping my twin 12 year old daughters when they are old enough will pick up the torch from me and continue the research. I already filed papers and formed a new corporation to estabilish the biotech startup. You can never give up in trying. We will fail only when we give up. I remeber being beat up in the credit and having $300 card from CreditOne and came to where I am in my credit building.

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Declined for both auto and credit card.... will update when I get letters.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.