cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure which Credit Card to use as my main card?

tag
v639dragoon

Unsure which Credit Card to use as my main card?

So I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred and an Amex Gold. I'm unsure which card I should use as my everyday card? I always pay in full, so that's not an issue. I really like the consumer protection that AMEX offers, but I don't seem to be getting many MR points from them because I do not travel to often. Basically getting 1 point per dollar. Also, I do tend to dine out and go to bars a decent amount, so maybe the Chase Sapphire Preferred would be better? 

Before the annual fee comes up for both cards, I am either planning on downgrading the CSP to a Chase Sapphire, or getting rid of the Amex gold and keeping the CSP. What are your thoughts? The Amex also has NPSL, which is nice, I have a 5k limit on CSP, but don't get anywhere near that. Maybe neither of these cards are right for me? 

Profile: 23 yrs old, $45k salary, living at home so no expenses but hope to change that in a year as I get pay increases, paying for an auto loan currently. 

Thanks for your help!

Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL | Amex BCP $6k | Credit Union Card $1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | Southwest RR Plus $5k | Nordstrom Store Card $4k | Cap1 Venture $35k AU | Amex Plat Business NPSL
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unsure which Credit Card to use as my main card?

I think this just boils down to which do you prefer AMex MR or Chase UR

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.