Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual BBVA check/BT offer

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Unusual BBVA check/BT offer

There have been a few threads here over the last few months tied to BBVA stepping up their game with some nice promos such as the 10% back on up to $500 unstructured spend the last couple of months as described in https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BBVA-10-statement-credit-up-to-50/m-p/6292056

I got an offer in the mail today which while not something I find particularly enticing is a bit unusual because of the duration of the terms:  2 promotional rate checks with 9.99% APR over 36 months with no BT or fee to be used before 6/30/21. 

At least they're thinking a little bit outside of the box.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unusual BBVA check/BT offer

Ah yes I had some of those checks come before. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BBVA-36-month-9-99-checks/td-p/5721133

Not really a great deal for most of us here on MF but the average person paying 18% interest on another card would probably find them pretty useful I guess. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells kudos for BBVA for doing something different haha. As pointed out for someone who is carrying debt on a high APR card it would be enticing for them with no fees attached and allow them some breathing room over those 3 years. 

Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I got an offer in the mail today which while not something I find particularly enticing is a bit unusual because of the duration of the terms:  2 promotional rate checks with 9.99% APR over 36 months with no BT or fee to be used before 6/30/21. 

At least they're thinking a little bit outside of the box.

It's been at least a year but I've gotten those offers in the past; more than I wanted to pay and I use my Clear points card regularly for the 10% offer up to $50 in rewards.

If you're interested in that offer you might want to act on it, I read recently that PNC has final regulatory approval to acquire BBVA and the merger is expected to be completed June 1. But the conversion of BBA accounts to PNC won't happen until October 2021. 

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As with others who commented upthread, I've received this same offer on the former NBA AmEx CC (now BBVA AmEX w/Rwds), at least once a year for the past several years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.