Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual Capital One Mailer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unusual Capital One Mailer?

Although I get Venture/VentureOne/Quicksilver results on the online prequal, my mailers from Capital One are almost always the Platinum. I open them up now and again, just out of curiosity (and sometimes they send the fake credit cards, which my little brother really loves to play around with, and I can also use as a glue spatula when binding books, so I tend to save those).

The usual interest rate tends to be 23-24.99%, and I do know every once in a while they give a 0% introductory rate. Interestingly, this one comes with one, but it is also at 19.99%, which I thought was strange.

It's still dreadfully high, and I'm not interested in something like this, but I thought this was interesting to mention because I didn't know the Platinum card varied that much.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unusual Capital One Mailer?

Interest rates are computed and offered based on a risk assessment of your credit profile. Yours is improving so they are offering a lower rate than top. Way to go Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.