Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual/Little-Known CC's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unusual/Little-Known CC's

The problem is that most CUs are very conservative lenders. I barely squeaked approval for my SSFCU WMC - I got the lowest SL they’ll approve at $5K at their highest APR of 18%. 

DCU gave me $1K at 13.75%

PenFed denied me for adding two new cards last year when I tried in September (so they definitely wouldn’t like that I added six more). 

NFCU, on the other hand, started me with a cashRewards $3K SL at 11.4% (the lowest at the time) then approved me for a CLI to $7.5K at 91/3 then a few days later gave me my Platinum at the lowest APR of 7.99% and a $7.2K SL and I just moved $5.5K from my cashRewards to my Platinum and product changed the cashRewards to More Rewards with a $2K limit the other day. The only annoying thing is the interest on the new card is 17.24% but NFCU did all of this with less than 6 months as a member. 

The bottom line is that there are some rare gems like NFCU out there but there are a lot more CUs that are conservative like PenFed, DCU, and SSFCU so I have stopped looking now that I have added DCU. 

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were right, it seems to be scorereward or something similar, points aren't worth 1¢... Unless redeemed to acctSmiley Sad thought 62,500 pts. seemed good
Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You were right, it seems to be scorereward or something similar, points aren't worth 1¢... Unless redeemed to acctSmiley Sad thought 62,500 pts. seemed good

62,500 points at 1cpp cash redemption would be amazing. That’s $625 - do you have the link?

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inexperienced with that, here's DP's: America's Christian CU 10Kpts/SUB 2.5Kpts/first card use 50Kpts/3K/3mo. Spend. 1.25pts/$1 everywhere 2.5pts/$1 @ charities etc. + auto. donation to charities by CU Will be digging deeper on thisSmiley Happy membership req. is... unusual.
Message 24 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Inexperienced with that, here's DP's: America's Christian CU 10Kpts/SUB 2.5Kpts/first card use 50Kpts/3K/3mo. Spend. 1.25pts/$1 everywhere 2.5pts/$1 @ charities etc. + auto. donation to charities by CU Will be digging deeper on thisSmiley Happy membership req. is... unusual.

What are points worth is the question .3 cents per point or something really low is my guess.

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s an interesting card and definitely interesting membership...

$625 is a crazy bonus. I bet they have rather strict requirements. I saw in the small print that if you aren’t eligible they will consider you for the Platinum and then the shares secured card. 

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are points worth is the question .3 cents per point or something really low is my guess.

Cash back appears to be 1cpp according to DoC. Available starting at 5000 points. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/americas-christian-credit-union-visa-signature-credit-card-62500-points-worth-625-restricted-membership/#How_Much_Are_Points_Worth

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try not to break it too soon lol would still like to app sometime Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If it didn’t break being posted on DoC, it won’t break being posted here. 

The bottom line is their application makes one have to make a statement of faith which will put off many people (myself included), regardless of the SUB. 

Message 29 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They appear to be very chexsys sensitive so that will put most off on this forum along as it it did with people on DOC.  People on DOC usually have very solid profiles and their are declines left and right for this card and CU due to Chex's alone.  So if you can get in, best of luck for you as if DOC hasn't got it to taken off MF most likely won't either due to strick UW w/regards to getting into cu then chex's on top of it

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.