Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual/Little-Known CC's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unusual/Little-Known CC's

Mmm... Perfect! I love a challenge. Highly appreciate DP's Smiley Happy wonder if I have anything on chex?
Message 31 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Mmm... Perfect! I love a challenge. Highly appreciate DP's Smiley Happy wonder if I have anything on chex?

Have you opened any back accounts in last 5 years?  Hopefully you never burnt a bank more-so for any money Smiley Happy.. If you haven't opened new chekcing account in 5 years and never burnt a bank by writting a bad check you should be good assuming you meet their other crtieria being religious faith etc(tread lightly here as that is something we aren't allowed to talk about on MF).

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So wait, they’re denying people for opening new checking accounts? That’s a bit odd. 

Gotta filter the requests down somehow I guess. 

You got me curious so I ordered mine. I should be Chex clear other than opening DCU (NFCU uses EWS) this month since I haven’t opened or overdrawn any account since 2012 and the account I opened in 2012 was with an EWS bank. 

ETA: I don’t see anything about this one on DoC. I see Christian Community CU is sensitive to Chex but that’s a different CU. 

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ CreditCuriosity understood! Will refrainSmiley Happy I don't want to cause trouble. Let's see... Last opened bank acct was savings for minor brother several years ago. As far as the rest, have no baddies, lates, BK, bad checks or collections ever so far...
Message 34 of 41
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ CreditCuriosity understood! Will refrainSmiley Happy I don't want to cause trouble. Let's see... Last opened bank acct was savings for minor brother several years ago. As far as the rest, have no baddies, lates, BK, bad checks or collections ever so far...

Good for you!  Keep it that way.  Smiley Wink

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So would brokerage accts/IRA's show up on chex? Cuz mine are less than 2 years old, except brokerage just turned 2.
Message 36 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So would brokerage accts/IRA's show up on chex? Cuz mine are less than 2 years old, except brokerage just turned 2.

If you only have a few chex's inquiries than that isnt the issue if it is up like 5-10 a year there is where an issue could happen.  Schwab and other such institutions i do believe uses Chexs, but as stated if it is only a few you are fine.

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @CreditCuriosity ur a lifesaver for a rookie like me Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you only have a few chex's inquiries than that isnt the issue if it is up like 5-10 a year there is where an issue could happen.  Schwab and other such institutions i do believe uses Chexs, but as stated if it is only a few you are fine.

Right, chex is sort of like a HP for bank accounts (along with baddies), it's fine to have "a few" (as defined by the institution you are applying to) but a lot will raise some flags in the same way some cc issuers don't want to see too much credit seeking behavior.

The difference is that the inqs last longer (5 years).   This is usually only an issue for those who chase bank bonuses, and DoC attracts lots of such users/

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah... Learned something new Smiley Happy 5 yrs huh. Interesting, will file for future reference.
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.