Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Update** Bank of America AU question

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

** Update** Bank of America AU question

I was added as an AU to my moms Bank of America card last week. I've been reading around here some mixed things on the board and was wondering how long it takes for it to show on my CR? It has not reportded yet. Also, do we need to activate the card for it to start reporting? I will not be using the card.

** Finally reported!! Little bump to 628 FICO. Hoping once I get my balances paid off that I'll see another bump. 

Last question I promise: (Im feeling like a pest) will her high limit (she originally told me it was arounf $8k, turns out its $20k) allow me to get higher limits, even though I'm only an AU, once Im ready to apply again?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America AU question

I would at least give it 30 days, to show up on your CR. 

No, you do not have to activate the AU CC, for the info to report.

Just make sure there is no lates, on the BOA CC and keep the reporting balance low.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 12
alexak
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  It is a card my mom uses for emergencies only so it rarely gets used. It has a $8k limit and been open for 7 years. Hopefully it helps me out!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my wife as AU and it appeared on her credit file when statement was reported.

Message 4 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

With BOA, it can take no more than 45-60 days for that show up on your CR. Be careful with BOA. If you have another BOA card yourself, that card could show up on your mom's CR. That happened with me. I had a BOA card that was just mine and my exgirlfriend had me listed as an AU. My account that she was not on was listed on her CR.

Message 5 of 12
Jlu
Established Contributor

^+1 same with my dgf who was added last month. It showed up on her CR when the statement cut.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 6 of 12
slg
New Contributor

Boa reports at the 1st of every month. It'll appear when they report I don't think it's ever mid cycle. My au card took about a month to show up also. 

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@slg wrote:

Boa reports at the 1st of every month. It'll appear when they report I don't think it's ever mid cycle. My au card took about a month to show up also. 

BOFA reports around the 10th for me, I am fairly confident it depends on your statement cut date and most lenders take the natural arrival rate of customers for account opening as their date unless you request differently... distributes the load on their systems over the course of the month, much more cost effective than designing for an artificial peak.

        
Message 8 of 12
alexak
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies! Just checked USAA CMS (I know it's a FAKO) but its now reporting on EX and my score jumped from 630 to 649! I'm excited to see what effect it has now on my FICO.
Message 9 of 12
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@alexak wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Just checked USAA CMS (I know it's a FAKO) but its now reporting on EX and my score jumped from 630 to 649! I'm excited to see what effect it has now on my FICO.

Off topic but it looks like you transposed the 6 and 3 in your Usaa experian score in your signature. It reads as 360 instead of 630

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.