Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update;Lending tree was a soft inquiry/Just confirmed with lending tree

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Update;Lending tree was a soft inquiry/Just confirmed with lending tree

I was looking at some rates at lending tree and a hard pull with the credit score showing from transunion was done even though no ssn was entered.Wow thats just crazzy.

How do i handle this?

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Lending tree unauthorized inquiry/No ssn entered!!!!!!!!

Have you spoke to a CSR from Lending Tree yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 14
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Not yet but i am about to call in a little wile since is like 7.30 in here in illinois

How can they even do this with out entering my ssn

I did enter the info but no ssn with the understanding of seen a preapproval rate

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 3 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:

I was looking at some rates at lending tree and a hard pull with the credit score showing from transunion was done even though no ssn was entered.Wow thats just crazzy.

How do i handle this?

before you clicked submit, did you read the small fine print where it said they might be pulling your report?

any company can do HP/SP without your social. they can locate you via your address and other means. Just that they rarely ever do it for HP.

try talking to their CSR and ask them to remove it. that's the easiest way.

if they refuse, go over the fine print again to make sure you didn't miss anything out. If there's such fine print which you agreed to, then there's nothing much u can do about it. 

Usually most companies are pretty nice about this and will remove the inquiry though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 14
danielodonoll
New Contributor

i do have to say that i have not checkd the credit yet since they disclose after the app the score and what agency was from/Transunion

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 5 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Dispute it!
I am so tired of these b astard creditors performing unauthorizes hard pulls!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 14
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute it!

no doubt, the worst part is it looks horrible to an underwriter to have a HP from creditors like this.  makes you look desperate for credit 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 14
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Man Young this is crazy

No doubt the inquiry was well planed so they can lure you in to applying against your will and that's a name for it.UNAUTHORIZED!!lol

The good news is i check the Truecredit from transunion and don't see it there

Now There is a chance that the inquiry not hitting the cr until tomorrow so here goes the agitating part..........

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 8 of 14
danielodonoll
New Contributor

OMG is that so?Smiley Surprised

Ok now i am pissed reallySmiley Mad

@ryanbush wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute it!

no doubt, the worst part is it looks horrible to an underwriter to have a HP from creditors like this.  makes you look desperate for credit 

Ok now iam really pissedSmiley Mad

Thats just not gonna cut it.Here we seat and garden so in the mean time do some homework and this Lending Tree is gonna kill it!!!!!

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 9 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

for me the inquiries always hit 1 day late (creditseasame, creditchecktotal, and wells fargo ID protection), so keep a lookout tomorrow. 

i didn't know lending tree is a bad company Smiley Surprised

i went on the site and look at it briefly. i didn't even want to fill out my name after i heard what happened to you.

try calling their customer service and see if they can remove it, otherwise as long as you didn't agree to anything, you can always dispute it. it will just look bad on your CR for the time period while its disputing, but i saw your other thread that you aren't applying for any new cards for 180 days! Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.