Did you mean: 

Update: RESOLVED - No Available Credit after Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: RESOLVED - No Available Credit after Payment

Hey, guys! Smiley Happy

I am concerned here.

I recently made a large payment to bring the balance, but even after the payment cleared from my bank account, the Capital One consumer website says I have no available credit. I have not made any purchases since the payment was cleared.

I will be calling in soon but would like to get your thoughts on this. Smiley Wink 

Here is a screenshot: Cap One.JPG

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: No Available Credit after Payment

Not sure on this, but looking at your payment and the balance remaining it looks like you were over limit by a tad. Hope that isn't the issue.

Message 2 of 12
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Is it a new account? I have had some Card issuers do that for the first month. Also, if you ever had a payment bounce, they will generally do that. Large payments that are not consistent with your payment history, they may put hold on funds/available credit. With that said, assuming none of those issues apply, it just varies by bank. For instance, Citibank immediately increases my available credit when payment made. BA however does not, even when I make a direct transfer from my BA checking. I dont have Cap One so dont know their policy. If its due to a hold, you can have Cap One call the bank to verify payment cleared and they will release available credit.
Message 3 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I am confused as well. Let us know what you find out.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, guys! Smiley Happy

I am concerned here.

I recently made a large payment to bring the balance, but even after the payment cleared from my bank account, the Capital One consumer website says I have no available credit. I have not made any purchases since the payment was cleared.

I will be calling in soon but would like to get your thoughts on this. Smiley Wink 

Here is a screenshot: Cap One.JPG

Good morning OP.  Many lenders will do this for various reasons but some of the commons are: paying from a new bank account, payment is larger than typical payments have been, account is new, account has recently (or has a pattern) of going over the limit, late pays, etc.  

Most folks fall into one of the aforementioned categories.  You can always call and see that the hold up is.  I'm not sure about CapOne but I know some lenders will 3-way call your financial institution and after verification of cleared funds, will release the hold. 

Again, call them up for the specific.  Best of luck to you!

Message 5 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@flyingmd wrote:
I dont have Cap One so dont know their policy. If its due to a hold, you can have Cap One call the bank to verify payment cleared and they will release available credit.

Capital One will normally restore available credit with a few hours of the payment posting. Payments generally post late in the evening with available credit being restored sometime overnight.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you called yet? What happened? Hope all is well!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

let us know what they said

Message 8 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Give it 48 hours..

I've seen this overlap of payment credit & wait time to be added back to available credit with some lenders..

Your CL is still there so I think it's just a timing issue. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flyingmd wrote:
Is it a new account? I have had some Card issuers do that for the first month. Also, if you ever had a payment bounce, they will generally do that. Large payments that are not consistent with your payment history, they may put hold on funds/available credit. With that said, assuming none of those issues apply, it just varies by bank. For instance, Citibank immediately increases my available credit when payment made. BA however does not, even when I make a direct transfer from my BA checking. I dont have Cap One so dont know their policy. If its due to a hold, you can have Cap One call the bank to verify payment cleared and they will release available credit.
+1
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.