cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update: Scammed by CSR] Amex JetBlue card to be replaced by Barclays JetBlue Mastercard 3/21

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Re: [Update: Scammed by CSR] Amex JetBlue card to be replaced by Barclays JetBlue Mastercard 3/21

Now I regret buying my phone on my JetBlue Amex Smiley Sad (was hoping for the extended warranty).  I just paid my annual membership fee too Smiley Sad  I wonder if they would prorate that or if the Barclays card has no annual fee.  I know that Barclays doesn't like me (only offered $500 limit on an Apple card then closed the card on me) so I hope they don't drop my 9k credit limit!  Do you think now that I won't have an Amex I'll have a better chance at being targeted for a 100k AMEX platinum point offer?

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: [Update: Scammed by CSR] Amex JetBlue card to be replaced by Barclays JetBlue Mastercard 3/21

@hyprble - please just print and save the statement you purchased your phone on. You will still have the Extended Warranty coverage from AMEX Assurance Company as it was purchased on that card - they will just need the transaction information from that statement in the event of a claim.
Message 42 of 46
bch238
Regular Contributor

I was told by JetBlue in response to a tweet to @AskAmex that they are launching the Barclay's card on 2/25, so those of use who have the Amex JB will be able to make an informed decision to cancel (and possibly apply for new card) or go with transfer.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex Jetblue open date is listed on my credit report from 2010. When this card moves to Barclays, would it display on the credit report that it's opened since 2010 as well, or 2016?

Message 44 of 46
bch238
Regular Contributor

Quarantine wrote:

My Amex Jetblue open date is listed on my credit report from 2010. When this card moves to Barclays, would it display on the credit report that it's opened since 2010 as well, or 2016?

The way these things usually work is that the account age will be unaffected.  Just a new bank and account number.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told that a PC is not possible and that I would have to put in a brand new application.

If I were to put in for a new application, does anyone know whether they could transfer the current credit limit that I have on my Jetblue card to the new card?

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.