Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Capital One and Orchard Bank Merger

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on Capital One and Orchard Bank Merger

@nicholasyud wrote:

Woooowwww mxp i just realized you had 130k credit available .............goddddddddddddd............mine only 1300 :B

You will get more too. It's not much, seen a few guys on here with $250k+ available Smiley Surprised Thanks! lol

@ryanbush wrote:

dangit, i love my orchard bank visa (2% cash back on everything) and it is juat a plain black and grey card with the visa logo... i don't want it if i have the ugly cap 1 logo plastered on it 

When the systems merge next year, you could get a similar design using the custom card feature.

@beb86 wrote:

I ordered a new one because I wanted the new design but its the same ugly (gold) design as before.....that was about two months ago do you think the will send out the new cards soon?

I did that too, got the same old ugly design. Which card? The Gold RZMC? I got an email last week that a new design for RZMC was coming and when I called they said it was mailed out on 11/5.

Message 11 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

I ordered a new one because I wanted the new design but its the same ugly (gold) design as before.....that was about two months ago do you think the will send out the new cards soon?

I did that too, got the same old ugly design. Which card? The Gold RZMC? I got an email last week that a new design for RZMC was coming and when I called they said it was mailed out on 11/5.

yeah the gold... hmm I should email them and see if the can send the new design out

Message 12 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It will look like this card shown in the email, except say Gold on it. Check your junk mail or call to ask if any cards have been recently mailed. They did a batch on 11/5.

Message 13 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@ImjustCool88 wrote:

To all those curious to know what this merger means, I contacted Capital One.

Yes, you will get a new card with Capital One logo on it

Yes, your credit card numbers will stay the same (small amount of people will have a new number)

No, they WON'T combine the cards or the credit limits:

Adonis: I am sorry, you will be not able to link the credit limit of two Capital One accounts.

And here I was hoping they'd combine them so I don't have to keep this pitifully low limit orchard bank card!

You did not get the answer to the most important question.   Will they be changing to cards to existing Capital One cards with their Terms and Conditions.  

My Household bank is 2% cash rewards on everything and no AF, which is better than what they have now.

Message 14 of 15
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@ImjustCool88 wrote:

To all those curious to know what this merger means, I contacted Capital One.

Yes, you will get a new card with Capital One logo on it

Yes, your credit card numbers will stay the same (small amount of people will have a new number)

No, they WON'T combine the cards or the credit limits:

Adonis: I am sorry, you will be not able to link the credit limit of two Capital One accounts.

And here I was hoping they'd combine them so I don't have to keep this pitifully low limit orchard bank card!

You did not get the answer to the most important question.   Will they be changing to cards to existing Capital One cards with their Terms and Conditions.  

My Household bank is 2% cash rewards on everything and no AF, which is better than what they have now.

According to the Cap One website, you will be able to keep your rewards program! They will keep your account privacy terms as the same, but not so sure about rates and other terms and conditions.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.