Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on SP VS Card Pre Approval !!!

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Update on SP VS Card Pre Approval !!!

Ok so I figured I would start a new thread on this.. So I had reported that I bit the bate two days ago when I was shopping on VS website when the pre-approval popped up!  So I had accepted it as I had read it would be a sp (I mean what do I have to loose).  Any ways so it gave me that dreadful 7-10 day message Smiley Sad!  So... I had called the next day (yesterday morning) the regular number and of course no help and basically told me to wait for a letter!

So... I kept calling the automated system today and this morning of course nothing!! I just called again right now and pressed 1 for account info figured if I enter my social maybe they can find me??? Well... This time I did not have to enter my social the automated system said "we have matched your home phone number to your accountSmiley Happy"!  It then prompted me for my protection to enter the last four of my social which I did!!! Sure enough I guess I was approved Smiley Happy CL is $500... I guess there is an alternate to waiting around.  I am so hoping they did not do a hp!  I have scorewatch but has not notified me.  

Cannot wait to get the card and hopefully it grows along with my other cards.  Just felt I should report since many had the same scenario or questions.

Note: I edited a typo in the thread title to avoid confusion (Car --> Card). I didn't change anything else.  --hauling

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update on SP VS Card Pre Approval !!!

I'm still confused, hauling. lol

No, but seriously...Congrats! and...what card is this again? I'm not sure I understand "sp vs". Is it Vicotoria Secrets card?

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 24
halos24
Frequent Contributor

@Lois5669 wrote:

No, but seriously...Congrats! and...what card is this again? I'm not sure I understand "sp vs"..?

SP is for soft pull... and VS is Victoria Secrets.  Their site if you are shopping online and go to check out you simply enter your billing info and a pop up screen will come out saying you have been pre-approved for a credit card and will give you a CL.  In most cases its instant approval and results in a sp which is a soft pull not giving you an inquiry in your report.  The bank who issues their cards is WFNNB who also I think has other retailers that it issues like Express, NY&CO and others.  Any ways, I had posted two days ago asking if others had my same scenario and to my surprise yes and others even reported that this soft pull also ended up being a hard pull at times as well.   Thanks also... from what I hear if you use the card they are pretty good about giving you CL. 

Message 3 of 24
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

@Lois5669 wrote:

No, but seriously...Congrats! and...what card is this again? I'm not sure I understand "sp vs"..?

SP is for soft pull... and VS is Victoria Secrets.  Their site if you are shopping online and go to check out you simply enter your billing info and a pop up screen will come out saying you have been pre-approved for a credit card and will give you a CL.  In most cases its instant approval and results in a sp which is a soft pull not giving you an inquiry in your report.  The bank who issues their cards is WFNNB who also I think has other retailers that it issues like Express, NY&CO and others.  Any ways, I had posted two days ago asking if others had my same scenario and to my surprise yes and others even reported that this soft pull also ended up being a hard pull at times as well.   Thanks also... from what I hear if you use the card they are pretty good about giving you CL. 

Congratulations! Do you know which CRA's they pull?

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFNNB pulls EX and they actually use the PLUS score instead of a FICO.
Message 5 of 24
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Im hoping they did not pull my report, score watch has not sent me anything so praying that the scenerios that others see and just pre-approve you worked.  After the pop up screen came up when checking out it just asked for me to confirm the last four of my social, birthday and home phone number.  

Message 6 of 24
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Great, so that means I would not get an alert since score watch is for EQ right?  

Message 7 of 24
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Lois5669 wrote:

No, but seriously...Congrats! and...what card is this again? I'm not sure I understand "sp vs". Is it Vicotoria Secrets card?

I was thinking the same thing. When I read the thread I thought SP VS was sapphire preferred visa signature. Maybe it's something interesting! Then I saw it was victorias secret and went meh.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 24
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for the explanation and info! And, again, congrats! Let us know if it ended up being an HP or SP, ok?

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the VS and Express cards...both were SPs after being pre approved.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.