Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on secured hsbc card with no job

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Update on secured hsbc card with no job

My son applied for the hsbc secured card a few weeks ago and he just got a letter today saying , send a check and sign the enclosed forms so he was approved. He put on the application no employer no annual income. I guess capital one will own this account soon and they turned him down for the secured card 6 months ago. I don't know for sure if capital one will own this account. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Maldanado
Valued Member

Re: Update on secured hsbc card with no job

Capital One will own it. All accounts will just transfer over with no interruption. They actually sold off all the branches here in Western New York, and our accounts are being transferred over to First Niagara.

Starting Score: 628EQ 597TU
Current Score: 690EQ 662TU 669EX (lender pull)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your son in college?  There are a few decent to good cards for students.

Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@cats63 wrote:

My son applied for the hsbc secured card a few weeks ago and he just got a letter today saying , send a check and sign the enclosed forms so he was approved. He put on the application no employer no annual income. I guess capital one will own this account soon and they turned him down for the secured card 6 months ago. I don't know for sure if capital one will own this account. 

I just closed my HSBC secured card.   They did not know yet whether these accounts would transfer or not to Capital One.  

They did say the first review for unsecured was at 18 months and then every 6 months.   They did however add 1% rewards back in July, but I got a Household unsecured card with 2% rewards, so I closed the secured account. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.