Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Abbreviation List

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updated Abbreviation List

@takeshi74 wrote:

You might want to qualify this with "in the US".  The statement doesn't quite make sense without it.  If a tier is the highest, it can't be comparable to another tier.  We really don't have an equivalent to Infinite over here.  VS is the closest that we have.

VS = (1) Visa Signature (the highest level of benefits provided on a Visa card, comparable with "Visa Infinite"); (2) Victoria's Secret (popular SCT CC choice)
If you're including standard discussion abbreviations, don't forget IIRC.

According to what I've read, Signature benefits in the US are essentially the same as Infinite benefits where they're offered. But I changed the wording to make it more clear that it's highest benefits in US. 

Added IIRC.

Message 31 of 38
message_from_god
New Contributor

PIF?

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
Message 32 of 38
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

AG?

No, not Attorney General.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 33 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This list is awesome. I have it saved. Thanks for the updates. I came across FR a few week ago = Financial Review

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 34 of 38
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

LOX?

No, not the fish.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 35 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Living off Experience
Letter of Explanation
Okay, in all fairness, I Googled LOX
Lots of Experience (my guess)

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 36 of 38
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Hi, suggest if you may possibly want to add "CIT" for "change in terms"?

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

You might want to qualify this with "in the US".  The statement doesn't quite make sense without it.  If a tier is the highest, it can't be comparable to another tier.  We really don't have an equivalent to Infinite over here.  VS is the closest that we have.

VS = (1) Visa Signature (the highest level of benefits provided on a Visa card, comparable with "Visa Infinite"); (2) Victoria's Secret (popular SCT CC choice)
If you're including standard discussion abbreviations, don't forget IIRC.

According to what I've read, Signature benefits in the US are essentially the same as Infinite benefits where they're offered. But I changed the wording to make it more clear that it's highest benefits in US. 

Added IIRC.

However, it's not the highest tier as the CSR and the Ritz are both Visa Infinite 

Edit: Just realized replies are from 2016, when CSR did not exist and Ritz was still VS

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.