Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

Capital one increased the sign up bonus for venture card. Now 75,000 bonus miles once you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Still 0 first year then $95 after.

Used to be 50,000 miles after $3,000 spend what think of the added 25,000 miles for the $2k spend ?

Message 6 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Venture 75,000 ($750) sign up bonus

Just saw that capital one is now offering 75,000 points which is the equivalent of $750 as a sign up bonus if you spend $5,000 in first three months of account opening. That’s the best I’ve seen. Just wanted to share the info!
Message 1 of 48
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Venture 75,000 ($750) sign up bonus

Hmmm...I might take them up on this one if the offer is still around on Jan. 1st. Says I'm pre-qualified. Then later down the road after 2 years PC to Venture One or QS and close my current 23.xx% QS. It's still first year free

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 48
delaney1
Established Contributor

Nice! Hopefully it’s available well into the new year, would love to have DH apply.

Message 3 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The spend requirement is also $5,000 now when it was (I believe) $3,000 so keep that in mind. If you can swing the spend it's a great bonus.

That said, Capital One is definitely not as generous as they used to be and are tough to get approvals from if you're someone who likes to open cards regularly. Doubt many on this forum will be able to get approved.  When the new Savor came out, the denials on here/reddit were definitely the majority.

Hopefully they loosen up a bit soon and more can be eligible for this offer!

Message 4 of 48
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Just out of curiosity I checked the prequal page. Yay! I am preapproved for a Quicksilver One with an APR of 24.99% and a $39 annual fee.

I still may give this or the Savor card a shot after I am done with my current SUB. Worst they can say is no.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

It's a great offer, but realistically Capital One is not very generous on approvals. I would be suprised if we see many on this forum get approved.

Cap One seems to have some variation of a 5/24 rule.

Message 7 of 48
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

I just applied and didn't get an instant approval nor denial.  I called the backdoor number and waited on hold for roughly around 15- minutes only to be told that my application was still being reviewed.  The representative did reiterate that it was not denied nor was it approved. But I'm MEGA-LOL/24 with FICO > 720 across the board with a 2% utilization.

Message 8 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, I wish I hadn't grabbed one a year ago (exactly a year ago this past Sunday, as a matter of fact), then closed it a few months later once the SUB was posted and used. Pretty sure Cap1 won't give me the time of day at this point. Every time I go there to see if I'm prequalified for anything, I get the same crappy, bottom-of-the-line cards. I got the Venture last year after opening a ton of cards with various other banks, but was instantly approved for a $10k limit. It was listed in my prequalify search though. I know it'd be a wasted hard pull if I tried for this. I could sure use that $750 though. I loved the weight and feel of that card too. Heavier than the CSP. And so easy to redeem the miles. 

Message 9 of 48
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@sto0pyd wrote:

I just applied and didn't get an instant approval nor denial.  I called the backdoor number and waited on hold for roughly around 15- minutes only to be told that my application was still being reviewed.  The representative did reiterate that it was not denied nor was it approved. But I'm MEGA-LOL/24 with FICO > 720 across the board with a 2% utilization.

This is what I’m looking for. A thread should be started with experiences. GL

Its a great SUB, only if people are actually getting approved.

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.