Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

Right now I'm at 79.694 miles. Cash out is $398.47. For those interested that brought up the option for cashing out.

Message 21 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great offer. I looked at prequalify page and all I am getting is quicksilver one. I guess 28/24 is a little bit too much for them. My Experian is clean at 770. Not worth 3 hard pulls to get rejected.
Message 22 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is a great offer. I looked at prequalify page and all I am getting is quicksilver one. I guess 28/24 is a little bit too much for them. My Experian is clean at 770. Not worth 3 hard pulls to get rejected.

I don’t get any offers for what its worth i am 3/24, and my fico scores are also in the same range. I don’t have one cap one card either oh well , I will let everybody else try out the card and see which partners they like in their new program . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 48
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Do not forget about extra $100 for Global Entry or TSA

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 24 of 48
NRB525
Super Contributor

Wow, that is an interesting change for Cap One, both the SUB and transfer partners.

I am at 4/24, trying to decide on the sequence of next apps, and this does complicate things, in a good way.

I closed my $30k limit Venture, from a 2015 app, several months ago. Did not move any limit to my QS $10k, to leave room for future Cap One apps.

Have been eying Savor, and now the question becomes, will Savor points be transferable into Venture?

Venture would give 1.5 transferable miles on Everything, Savor contributes 3 transferable miles on Dining and Entertainment. The $190 AF gets in the way eventually, but not a bad combo, when the known fallback is easy 2% and 4% earning categories if no transfer.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve always liked this card but my desire to build out a chase profile prevents me from doing so. The 10X on hotels.com is great and with the new travel partners and the tenth night free with hotels.com it can be a real value. What is the new evaluation of points with this news? I like to stay at places a handful of times a year where they have mom and pop hotels like certain beach towns in the NE and I often find myself booking through Hotels.com. I have a useless QS Card that’s in my SD and I was going to try and PC to a Venture Card. I don’t want to burn a 5/24 slot on it even though the SUB is nice but I think the 10X on hotels.com is good for another year? They’ll have to renew it otherwise it’ll truly be a one year only card at least for me.
Message 26 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

It is 0.5 cent/pt for cashback so a horrible redemption.

you can cash out Venture points for 1cpp (statement credit) for travel

Easy hack to do it without actually travelling.

Book a refundable stay with Hotels.com. Wait unitl the charge posts to your CC balance, then cancel it (couple days later).

Give it another day or two, then the charge comes off your balance - but it still appears in the Rewards portal as a redeemable charge. Use your points to redeem for that charge.

Message 27 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

It is 0.5 cent/pt for cashback so a horrible redemption.

you can cash out Venture points for 1cpp (statement credit) for travel

Easy hack to do it without actually travelling.

Book a refundable stay with Hotels.com. Wait unitl the charge posts to your CC balance, then cancel it (couple days later).

Give it another day or two, then the charge comes off your balance - but it still appears in the Rewards portal as a redeemable charge. Use your points to redeem for that charge.

I rather use a 2% cb card like the DC than go through all that.

Message 28 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

No, I wouldn't use this card for every day spend, but if you want the 75 K pts.

All that said, C1 has a nice transfer partner system now, with a new pt currency, so its not actually a bad card anymore.

Message 29 of 48
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

No, I wouldn't use this card for every day spend, but if you want the 75 K pts.

Then I would use how it was originally intended for (travel purchase credits). But like you said the transfer partners make this a different story.

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.