Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

tag
CleanCredit
Contributor

Re: Updated Capital One Venture Sign Up Bonus 75k Miles

Interesting. They don’t yank the rewards once the refund comes back?
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone planning on making the Venture their main card for non category spend given the recent changes?
Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently have Quicksilvet and Venture 1 cards. Been trying to PC my quicksilver to Savor card keep getting it is not available at this time. They said I could PC my quicksilver to the venture card. I already have V1 so think be silly have both venture cards. Hoping they make The savor card available to PC to. Then once my 0APR on my V1 is up , PC that to the Venture.

The statement credit option for the Venture or V1 evaluation is not good it is about half the value .5 Cents . Currently have 20,000 miles on my V1 , if to use as a statement credit would only get 99 or 100 dollars.
Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely a very nice SUB, but i'd be denied for sure. I've got 6+ new accounts in the last 6 months, and a recent large balance on one card.

Had this been 3 months ago, I'd have probaly seriousy considered it and given it a shot.

Then again me and Cap One aren't the best of friends..

Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the Venture card back in June when I had already opened 6 cards this year alone at the time.
Message 35 of 48
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone planning on making the Venture their main card for non category spend given the recent changes?

I've already been using them for non-cat spend here and there lately b/c I want to stack up on miles (right now between the 2 I have about 63k total) But once my 5x TY points promotion runs out on my Sears M/C on 12/31 I'll probably be using them even more. One of the Ventures will get rotated in with Fidelity and Citi DC for non-cat 2% spend. The other will pay my monthly storage bill.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've already been using them for non-cat spend here and there lately b/c I want to stack up on miles (right now between the 2 I have about 63k total) But once my 5x TY points promotion runs out on my Sears M/C on 12/31 I'll probably be using them even more. One of the Ventures will get rotated in with Fidelity and Citi DC for non-cat 2% spend. The other will pay my monthly storage bill.

Interesting! I too have the Fidelity and Citi DC as well but im finding it hard to utilize all 3 2% cards. Do you just rotate all of them like each quarter or something? Currently, I will be using my Amex Gold for Restaurants/Supermarkets/Flights while using the Venture for everything else. I also use Citi DC for purchases that need that extra purchase protection. I'll likely throw a reoccuring charge on my Fidelity to keep it active. I have alot of trips planned next year so using the venture should certainly keep money in my pocket.

Will you be renewing your Venture when the AF comes up? If they never added these partners, I was certianly PCing my Venture to the QS but now I actually may keep it. I'm almost certainly not renewing my Premier when the AF is due in August. I just have to figure out how I will use up the 60k SUB since downgrading to the Preferred would lower its value.

Message 37 of 48
CleanCredit
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

It is 0.5 cent/pt for cashback so a horrible redemption.

you can cash out Venture points for 1cpp (statement credit) for travel

Easy hack to do it without actually travelling.

Book a refundable stay with Hotels.com. Wait unitl the charge posts to your CC balance, then cancel it (couple days later).

Give it another day or two, then the charge comes off your balance - but it still appears in the Rewards portal as a redeemable charge. Use your points to redeem for that charge.

Does this actually work?  I can't imagine they would let you get away with this.

Message 38 of 48
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@mr_suave: Not sure how I'm going to rotate the cards just yet. Possibly give each one a 4 month rotation 2 at a time starting with Venture and Fidelity in January....that is unless Sears M/C or one of the others runs another 5x or 10x pts. special that I can include non-cat spend on or I get another card with a real good SUB. I'll more than likely keep both Ventures since I have them at the old $59 AF--and probably never combine them. I don't want Cap One CLDing me for a high CL with low usage.

I didn't know downgrading from the premier would make the TY pts. worth less.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous: Not sure how I'm going to rotate the cards just yet. Possibly give each one a 4 month rotation 2 at a time starting with Venture and Fidelity in January....that is unless Sears M/C or one of the others runs another 5x or 10x pts. special that I can include non-cat spend on or I get another card with a real good SUB. I'll more than likely keep both Ventures since I have them at the old $59 AF--and probably never combine them. I don't want Cap One CLDing me for a high CL with low usage.

I didn't know downgrading from the premier would make the TY pts. worth less.

Makes sense. I was considering combining my Venture into my Savor but I feared the same thing. Do you dedicate just bills to one of your 2% cards? I suppose that could be an efficient way to get use out of them. 

Well I think portal redemptions are worth just 1 cent if you downgrade to preferred. I think you also lose the ability to transfer to partners with the preferred. However, I'll likely just use my TY points for portal redemptions as I cant find their partners useful.

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.