Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Updated)US Bank Why dont u show me some LUV?? :(

tag
w003ptr
Contributor

Re: US Bank Why dont u show me some LUV?? :(

Been with USBank for ~7-8 years now (checking and savings).  Opened a CC about 31 months ago.  Used it heavily and always PIF for the first 6 months or so (it was my only CC back then).  Once in a while it got up to ~90% util before I payed it, but never went over limit and never missed a payment.

After about 6-7 months I got a few new cards and started using the USBank card less.  Anyway, I called them up recently to request a CLI to $5k (from $500.. unlikely, I know) so I could PC to Cash+.  They denied me saying I haven't used the card enough recently (which is true).  This was the first time I ever requested a CLI, but I was also never offered an auto-CLI when I was using it heavily for ~6 months and then moderately thereafter.

tldr; USBank does not impress me and I'm going to be moving my checking/savings accounts soon.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 11 of 27
askme3012
New Contributor

gosh.. after hearing these feedbacks about US Bank, wonder what should I do? I was told they were upgrading me to Cash+ and instead gave me cash rewards with the same CL $800 . 

I am just relying that something good will come in few months time. 

I am weighing my options, as a last resort, i have setup a direct deposit from my employer into US Bank checking and will lay low for a while (good UTIL and PIF just as i have been doing) . If US Bank doesnt give a damn, i will use 1-5% and sock-drawer it. _|__ .

Anybody had some positives dealing with US Bank? 

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 12 of 27
askme3012
New Contributor

Update: 10th statement today, no auto-CLI. 3rd statement for Stupid Cash Rewards Card , still nothing. I have already sock-drawered this card, and just charge one transaction each month. I've tried every combination ( Heavy usage, low usage) (0%, 2% usage) nothing works...  Only thing that I am keeping this card is for AAoA being my oldest card. Horrible experience with US Bank.

I have given up my hopes..

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K

Message 13 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@askme3012 wrote:

Update: 10th statement today, no auto-CLI. 3rd statement for Stupid Cash Rewards Card , still nothing. I have already sock-drawered this card, and just charge one transaction each month. I've tried every combination ( Heavy usage, low usage) (0%, 2% usage) nothing works...  Only thing that I am keeping this card is for AAoA being my oldest card. Horrible experience with US Bank.

I have given up my hopes..

With conservative lenders you need to be patient. My oldest account is 27yrs and it took me 15months to get a CLI from Discover  to match my 2nd lowest card. Perfect payment history and no baddies. If your goal is the Cash+ then you need to work your limit up to 5K with a US Bank card first before they will do a PC and SD will probably not help. I would recommend to use the card regularly and if after 2 years still no CLI possible then SD. But you cannot expect a 5K limit after such a short history with a conservative lender like US Bank. (not even a year yet) I would have given Discover 2 years before taking any SD actions. Just hang in there and use the card like your other cards if you would like to get CLIs. If your goal is getting high limit cards then US Bank is probably not the ideal lender for this.

Message 14 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Sounds like they're conservative and you can't just assume that they'll grant you a CLI because less conservative creditors gave you CLI's.  "Best time to request" is when your credit improves according to their underwriting critieria -- same as it is with any creditor.  I'd suggest requresting the CLI and, if you get a denial, using the denial reasons as a basis for improving your credit.

Message 15 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: (Updated)US Bank Why dont u show me some LUV?? :(

Same as askme3012

US Bank is my oldest card and used heavily to sparingly over time and while i was assured i am qualified to PC from them to Cash Plus also ended up with the Cash Rewards instead. After a solid week of pounding their lines from U/W to EO they said had to apply for Cash + separately.

Well duh? Why did they already have me pre select 2 of the 5% categories and 3% one's on the phone, only to get in the mail T & C for Cash Rewards. Explaination was Signature cards begin at 5000 minimum limit, duh, don't they all?

CSR's are by far the worst because US Bank behind the scenes make them that way. The office execs not much better. Not so conservative as shady if you ask me.
Message 16 of 27
askme3012
New Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Same as askme3012

US Bank is my oldest card and used heavily to sparingly over time and while i was assured i am qualified to PC from them to Cash Plus also ended up with the Cash Rewards instead. After a solid week of pounding their lines from U/W to EO they said had to apply for Cash + separately.

Well duh? Why did they already have me pre select 2 of the 5% categories and 3% one's on the phone, only to get in the mail T & C for Cash Rewards. Explaination was Signature cards begin at 5000 minimum limit, duh, don't they all?

CSR's are by far the worst because US Bank behind the scenes make them that way. The office execs not much better. Not so conservative as shady if you ask me.

@I have followed your thread very closely @[CreditMagic7] . I have also had pretty bad experience with US Bank. It seems their CSRs dont know anything what they are talking about . In addition, very rude.

And as other posters pointed out, US Bank might be conservative, but its really not that much. Some of my friends have managed to be on good side of US Bank and have been rewarded handsomely though I really dont know what they did differently than me. For ex,  One of them who got this card with me for $500 has a CL $7500 right now, and WITHOUT any HPs. She got a letter saying Exceptional handling.. blah blah.. and bumped her CL to $5500 and after 3 more months to $7500. So that also happens.

Message 17 of 27
askme3012
New Contributor

Hate to bring back old threads to life, but even after a yr of banking (checking + CC) and 12 statements, not a dime increase. Smiley Sad 

That leads to 2 possibilities, either they have stopped giving auto-clis, or my account doesnt qualify.

Has anyone got any auto-cli from US Bank recently?

Message 18 of 27
newUser0
Established Contributor

Dear OP,

Consider yourself lucky for even the PC. I have tried, all possible routes, to PC my card to anything that earns rewards, no GO.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is sad! Done a lot of reading on US Bank and have not been able to find consistency in client treatment or results. It seems very hit and miss. They did tell me I would need to score a certain number of bank relationship points for some of their products such as the Premier Line of Credit. Asked for a CLI at six months and they told me I used to higher a ratio (utilization) on the CL so I asked about a CLI and said the account had not established enough of a track record. It should be noted I had two other visa siggys with them, CDs, savings and checking so go figure?
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.