Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Zync to Platinum?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Upgrade Zync to Platinum?

Later, May 4th 2010 apparently... and guess it was actually 20’s and 30’s based on the press release.

https://about.americanexpress.com/press-release/american-express-introduces-new-charge-card-zync-ame...

        
Message 21 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

And sorta goes without saying, I will never upgrade nor close my Zync and I keep that NPR station donation recurring like clockwork to keep it open too heh.

        
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

No no no no no. If you ever volunteer, the Zync is amazing. It gives you 1000 MR points for every 1 hour of volunteer work. Open a Schwab Platinum and you can cash that out at 1.25x - which means if you cash out Amex effectively pays you $12.50/hour to volunteer.

Otherwise just keep it on behalf of those of us that really really want it but missed the boat.
Message 23 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
No no no no no. If you ever volunteer, the Zync is amazing. It gives you 1000 MR points for every 1 hour of volunteer work. Open a Schwab Platinum and you can cash that out at 1.25x - which means if you cash out Amex effectively pays you $12.50/hour to volunteer.

Otherwise just keep it on behalf of those of us that really really want it but missed the boat.

How exactly does that work?

To think I've volunteered hundreds of hours a year for the past decade heh.

        
Message 24 of 28
budugu
Regular Contributor

I would keep it just for the exclusivity Smiley Happy I had the card and cancelled it somepoint along with american express one card (attached with a savings account ?) ... Cancelled both but they were unique! may be should have kept them Smiley Happy

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate

It's part of one of the add on "packs" that you can sign up for with the Zync card. This one is called 'Give Back' apparently and doesn't cost anything but you do have to enroll:

https://about.americanexpress.com/press-release/american-express-introduces-new-charge-card-zync-ame...

Scroll down there's a list of the available packs for the Zync card.

Iirc the Zync card has some sort of "gimped" MR point but you can transfer it to your Amex Platinum and use them like normal MR points.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

ZYNC's packs were discontinued years ago unfortunately. 

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What, really? Even for those that alaready had activated them? Ok I don't see a need for this card then rofl.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.