cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from AMEX Blue Cash to BLUE PREFERRED?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade from AMEX Blue Cash to BLUE PREFERRED?

Bummed. I called AMEX to try to change to the preferred. 

There is no button to switch it over. I was told I can change to regular Blue or Blue Sky, but there was  no option on my account to switch to the Blue preferred.

The CSR, who was really awsome, thought it strange too. She thought that perhaps since the account was too new it is not getting offered on my profile. 

I was advised to wait a bit and then call back to see if the option is there for them to change it. She said sometimes the option does not show up for 16 months. YIKES. The CL is $5000.00. Perhaps that is small for AMEX. 

I was told I could upgrade my gold to premium or get the platinum card, but I declined those options.

Just an update.

Message 11 of 14
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

it is possible that it is due to not having the card for 13 months (due to the CARD Act).

Upgrading to the BCP will add an annual fee which AMEX states the CARD act doesn't allow until the 13th month of the account.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

AH! That would make perfect sense then!!!

That was great information. Thank you so much. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, bummer about the delay for the BCP conversion. The BCED is not so horrible either, especially if you can hit the grocery cap on your Freedom through gift card purchases. If it was me, assuming that the new annual fee really is the issue, I'd try to ask about converting the Gold to the BCP instead and then just let the BCED cool off, unless you like another no-fee card that you could get them to convert it to. Either way, just closing any AMEX is against many people's religion because of the account age.  

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.