Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Target Mastercard

tag
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Target Mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

That's very interesting news.   Hopefully, they'll do upgrades like how the Nordstrom card does (keeping the history) and not like how Sync does theirs (new TL).  

I'm combing through the letter now to see if there is any wording that this upgrade will be a new account or will report as a new account.  I don't see anything definitively, but I also don't feel like I'd get a clear answer from customer service either.

It would be nice if it maintained the same history for sure.

I called about this very thing a few days ago when I received my notice of upgrade.  The CSR was very sure of himself when indicating that it would keep the same history and would not be a new account.  Really hoping he's correct on this!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've been a RedCard holder for almost 10 years, and just got the upgraded Target MC today. The member since says 2007 so it appears to be legit. Hope this helps!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I've been a RedCard holder for almost 10 years, and just got the upgraded Target MC today. The member since says 2007 so it appears to be legit. Hope this helps!

Yeah there has been no change to anything on my credit reports so it appears that it reports as the same account. #WINNING !!!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

wow that would be amazing if target was upgrading people again! 

Target sold their credt card operations last year or year prior, I think to TD Bank.  It's really TD Bank doing these upgrades, probably at a slow roll out based upon criteria that Red Card users hit.  (spend, monthly visits, or something like that)

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.