Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to the Care Credit Rewards MasterCard

tag
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Upgraded to the Care Credit Rewards MasterCard

I was just upgraded to the CareCredit MasterCard.  The account was opened in Nov 2019 to pay for my dog's chemo (she died in Aug 2020 anyway). I've used the card heavily for vet expenses for the other two dogs and two cats, so it's never had a $0 balance. SL was $6500, currently $12K after CLI requests.  I logged in today to make a payment and got a prompt to add it to my login (?). So now I see two accounts. I guess they'll transfer over the existing balance?  I haven't received any notification about being upgraded or what kind of rewards the card offers. Sorry for rambling, but I'm so confused.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Upgraded to the Care Credit Rewards MasterCard

Congratulations! I got an unsolicited upgraded card in the mail last fall, and had until this month to upgrade to the MasterCard or stick with the retail card. I chose to upgrade a few months ago, and all of my old information was merged with my new card, including the open date. The only thing that changed was the number on the credit card. When I upgraded there was a promotion of 5x points on certain purchase categories like grocery and drugstores. I would assume you'll get some sort of written notice now that you've upgraded.

Message 2 of 8
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Thanks, @delaney1 ! This was totally unexpected 😃.  Do you know if I'd still be able to use/get 0% promos at the vet? (Pets are expensive).

ETA: Never mind, I found a post from @Medic981 with the info.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 3 of 8
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@justjac2 wrote:

I was just upgraded to the CareCredit MasterCard.  The account was opened in Nov 2019 to pay for my dog's chemo (she died in Aug 2020 anyway). I've used the card heavily for vet expenses for the other two dogs and two cats, so it's never had a $0 balance. SL was $6500, currently $12K after CLI requests.  I logged in today to make a payment and got a prompt to add it to my login (?). So now I see two accounts. I guess they'll transfer over the existing balance?  I haven't received any notification about being upgraded or what kind of rewards the card offers. Sorry for rambling, but I'm so confused.

justjac2 I went to the website in to pay my bill today and saw the 'second' card available to add to my profile.  It was news to me!  I phoned Customer Service, ' Oh yes we upgraded you and mailed your new Mastercard on Octiber 31.

What a country!

Message 4 of 8
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

After we paid off our last 0% payment, we got a MC version in the mail.  It had 5% groceries I think and that was a quarter I didn't have groceries covered at 5% so I used it for 3 months.  It's filed away now.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 8
justjac2
Regular Contributor

@Streetervillelady Congratulations on your upgrade!! Yeah it's crazy, you'd think they would notify us ahead of time, but I was happy to get it!!

@ptatohed My account hasn't been at $0 since the first charge, lol! With (now) five pets in the house, I'm always carrying large charges at 0% for x months. Finally got it down to $1600 but the dogs are due for annual visits next month, so there's another $1K (sigh).

Message 6 of 8
Armoney
New Visitor

How long have you had the regular care credit card before you received the upgrade?

Message 7 of 8
justjac2
Regular Contributor

@Armoney I got the card in Nov 2019, and it was upgraded in March 2022.  So just under 2.5 years.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.