Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading BofA card??

tag
brittany15213
Established Member

Upgrading BofA card??

My first ever credit card was the BofA student rewards card 6 years ago. Within this time period I have had some missed payments with them back from 2009 but have been current and the balance was paid to zero a couple months ago I dont want to close this since it is my first credit card but I want to upgrade to the cash rewards card instead of the student since I am not a student and there are no benefits on this card anymore since my missed payments and my interest rate sky-rocketed...I applied for the cash rewards card but got denied about a week ago. Does anyone know who I can call or if it even possible to upgrade cards with them? Would I have to do a recon? If it is going to restart my card opened date then I dont want to do it because my AAoA will go way down

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Upgrading BofA card??

First rule of thumb..Recon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also after a 6 year old account I would think your eligible for other cards as well

@brittany15213 wrote:

My first ever credit card was the BofA student rewards card 6 years ago. Within this time period I have had some missed payments with them back from 2009 but have been current and the balance was paid to zero a couple months ago I dont want to close this since it is my first credit card but I want to upgrade to the cash rewards card instead of the student since I am not a student and there are no benefits on this card anymore since my missed payments and my interest rate sky-rocketed...I applied for the cash rewards card but got denied about a week ago. Does anyone know who I can call or if it even possible to upgrade cards with them? Would I have to do a recon? If it is going to restart my card opened date then I dont want to do it because my AAoA will go way down

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Upgrading BofA card??

@brittany15213 wrote:

I would call them and see what they have to offer. You are a good customer; they know that. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.