Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading the Green to PRG

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Upgrading the Green to PRG

Hello guys and gals,

I got my Amex Green in the mail today and I know MR point wise, I should have applied for the PRG, but I was a bit scared I wouldn't get approved. I know they have similar underwriting standards, but I guess I got spooked. Anyways, is there a way to ask to upgrade my account to a PRG? I have had this card for a day and haven't used it yet, but I know some banks won't upgrade a card to one with a higher AF until after 12 months. Any insight would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Upgrading the Green to PRG

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hello guys and gals,

I got my Amex Green in the mail today and I know MR point wise, I should have applied for the PRG, but I was a bit scared I wouldn't get approved. I know they have similar underwriting standards, but I guess I got spooked. Anyways, is there a way to ask to upgrade my account to a PRG? I have had this card for a day and haven't used it yet, but I know some banks won't upgrade a card to one with a higher AF until after 12 months. Any insight would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

You wouldn't want to upgrade even if it were possible.  The sign up bonus is 25k and there are some offers of 50k

Message 2 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

+1 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 21
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hello guys and gals,

You wouldn't want to upgrade even if it were possible.  The sign up bonus is 25k and there are some offers of 50k

Ugh. Lexie always shuts me down with these sign up bonuses I miss Smiley Sad Well, darn. 

Message 4 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hello guys and gals,

Which would mean you'd have to face another wooden spoon (crocs, rabid squirrels) if you applied for another tradeline... LOL.  Oh, but that PRG offer is so MMMMMMM tempting isn't it?  I would wait for the 50K bonus Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 21
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hello guys and gals,

Which would mean you'd have to face another wooden spoon (crocs, rabid squirrels) if you applied for another tradeline... LOL.  Oh, but that PRG offer is so MMMMMMM tempting isn't it?

But I can use my new TLs to buy things to avoid these vicious assaults Smiley Tongue But I really wish I was paying attention to the sign up bonuses...now I feel dumb. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hello guys and gals,

Which would mean you'd have to face another wooden spoon (crocs, rabid squirrels) if you applied for another tradeline... LOL.  Oh, but that PRG offer is so MMMMMMM tempting isn't it?

But I can use my new TLs to buy things to avoid these vicious assaults Smiley Tongue But I really wish I was paying attention to the sign up bonuses...now I feel dumb. Smiley Indifferent

Don't best yourself up.  We all make mistakes.  Mine was getting a VS card. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 21
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

But its so pretty! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

So is the nice update watchlist your name was just placed on Lol

(pretty)Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 21
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

So is the nice update watchlist your name was just placed on Lol

(pretty)Smiley Tongue

Wow, someone is awfully sassy in the wee hours of the morning. Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.