cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upromise card w/ Citi switched to BOA - will it effect credit reports/scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upromise card w/ Citi switched to BOA - will it effect credit reports/scores?

At the end of the month my Upromise card with CitiBank will be switched to a BOA card.

Since this wasn't my choice and I didn't want the change, will this effect my credit reports/FICO scores in any way?

1. Will they do a hard inquiry?

2. Do they usually lower credit limits in these type of situations?

3. Will it show as a new open account on my credit report or replace the existing CitiBank account?

It seems like everything effects your FICO scores these days and the last thing I want right now is for this change to lower my scores. I'm hoping to buy my first home this year!

Thanks for any feedback given!

Message Edited by andreak on 03-15-2009 05:14 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Upromise card w/ Citi switched to BOA - will it effect credit reports/scores?

It will stay the same (credit line etc.) no credit pull

should keep all your history and age etc. of new account.

Our 5/3 credit cards got sold to Bank of America and the fixed balance transfer we had has remained and everything. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upromise card w/ Citi switched to BOA - will it effect credit reports/scores?

I also got my new card in the mail yesterday and to my surprise they raised by credit limit by $3,000! I was worried they would lower it because I've paid a lot off in the past few months and haven't been using it as much as I use to. Now I just have to worry what my APR will be, wont find that out until 3/29.

I actually found alot of answers to my questions about this change on www.upromise.com/faq 

How will this transfer affect my credit score and credit report?

The transition from Citi to Bank of America and the subsequent change in credit card numbers will have no impact on your credit score. Beginning about 60 days after March 29, 2009, your new Upromise credit card account will be listed as "Bk of Amer" (Bank of America) on your credit report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.