Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upset with Ritz Baggage Fee reimbursement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upset with Ritz Baggage Fee reimbursement

This is why i now only fly business class, free baggage.
If i was you id take the receipt to your local chase branch and show them. They inturn can call Ritz on your behalf. I did this when Marriott double charged me due to a computer error. They said 3 times that they couldnt reverse the charges. So i went to my local banker and in less than 30 minutes they had everything back to normal.
Yes it was a pain but i understand they dont want to comp fraudulent claims.
Message 11 of 19
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any local chase branches around
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  agree with the OP.... call back Ritz and see if you can try again. If they still refuse... def ask for a supervisor. I hope everything works out for you. 

Message 13 of 19
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Just called back to the Ritz Carlton line and they were able to refund the $75 charge back to my account. Guess the agent this morning was just grumpy.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:
Just called back to the Ritz Carlton line and they were able to refund the $75 charge back to my account. Guess the agent this morning was just grumpy.

That's awesome!! Glad everything worked out for you.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

J.P. Morgan IMO is a PITA when it comes to the Ritz-Carlton's fee reimbursement. I remember requesting reimbursement for a day pass at an Admiral's lounge and they required a copy of the receipt which I had promptly thrown out.
Message 16 of 19
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I kept all my receipts from the trip for a reason and had even requested additional copies just in case. I think they should just start using the same system that the CSR is using and just make any travel be reimbursed.

Message 17 of 19
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:
I offered to scan my receipt showing that it's for Southwest Airlines. I mean come on now it's not like I wanted to pay an overweight bag. It was only 2lbs overweight. I would have taken the stuff on the plane if I knew I would have been hassled for a reimbursement.

It's $75 for a bag that's 2 pounds overweight? Granted I haven't flown domestic in years (all flights for me in the past decade have been international), but wow, they have really tightened their belts! 

Glad you got it credited. I would think for the AF, they would be more cooperative. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 18 of 19
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:
I offered to scan my receipt showing that it's for Southwest Airlines. I mean come on now it's not like I wanted to pay an overweight bag. It was only 2lbs overweight. I would have taken the stuff on the plane if I knew I would have been hassled for a reimbursement.

It's $75 for a bag that's 2 pounds overweight? Granted I haven't flown domestic in years (all flights for me in the past decade have been international), but wow, they have really tightened their belts! 

Glad you got it credited. I would think for the AF, they would be more cooperative. 

I mean I didn't think it would have been an issue to have it credited back, so I didn't even think to try to take stuff out. In the end it all worked out though. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.