Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgently Advice Needed

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Urgently Advice Needed

One more suggestion;  

Check your coverage and deductibles.  If you are comfortable raising your deductible to 1,000 see what that would save you.  In reality, an 800 dollar fender bender is worth paying out of pocket anyway, to avoid the diminished value of a carfax item.  As long as you are comfortable self insuring the first thousand it could save you some money.

Message 41 of 66
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Just shop around for insurance I switched companies a while back saved about 60% and got more coverage.

Message 42 of 66
vikash1986
New Contributor

Yes "besides what I said i have never had any violations or accidents" meaning I am not a repeated offender of being carless with my driving. Going back to the first accident. We went through the toll booth in Bayonne and she was on her cell phone merging onto the I78 east towards the holland tunnel and I was heading in the same direction towards Elizabeth going onto I78 west. When she realized that she was on the wrong she she quickly try to change lanes side swiping the front right side of my vehicle. But she told the cops a different story that I hit her because I did not want her to pass even though i came to full stop to minimise the damage. I made my case like i stated but the report the cops fill out seem to side her story more than mine. In any case I must admit that I have no insurance experience so I am not sure what they look into when they evaluate the accident. The information you provide does provide some insight so thank you. However, I am not in a bubble. Regardless, of what I explained or not explained I was blamed for the accident and I am not dening anything I am just providing the details of the accident as it happen from my side. In any case, I don't know why you think I am playing. Mercedes benz from 09 sells for about 29k so I dont know whats your problem. I think just so you can't drive one is making you a little angry at the moment. People making way less than I Do drives mercedes so sucks to be you. I think if you dont have anything positive to say just keep out from this thread. Or like you put it I must be playing games and if you're a player join in the party.

Message 43 of 66
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

I drive like a grandmother on the NJ Turnpike (pun intended) because I too know how careless NJ drivers are. that Particular toll area is so big too. She must have not checked her mirrors before side swiping you. Sucks.

Have you considered commuting to NJ via public transport for a while? I know its hugely inconvenient but might net you some decent savings. I don't know the math involved in your commuting costs so I can't be sure of course. Just another half nickel suggestion.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 44 of 66
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: It's on

Johnny_Favorite wrote:    Are you living in some kind of bubble?...I hope you wake up just like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky. You just had to have a Mercedes right? 65k a year is not really mercedes type salary...I advise you to wake up.
vikash1986 wrote:    I don't know why you think I am playing...if you dont have anything positive to say just keep out from this thread...

Message 45 of 66
p-
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

I drive like a grandmother on the NJ Turnpike (pun intended) because I too know how careless NJ drivers are. 

Funny, when I lived over there I drove like mad max to avoid the careless drivers.  One thing I did notice was a lot of cars with damage as compared to other areas where I've lived.

Message 46 of 66
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 47 of 66
p-
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@ p-
ROFLMAO!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 66
john398
Senior Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

@vikash1986 wrote:

@p

Back in october 2011 i was involved in a fender bender that I ended up being worng costing my insurance to go up. Progressive paid out 3600 i believed to the other party. The lady was on her cell phone making a lane change in merging traffic. Not sure how I ended up being the one to be blamed for the accident even after I lamented that the lady was on her phone. Then in September 2012 I rear ended cause my vehicle to be a total loss I was found not at fault but when I did a quote with USAA the accident came up on their end as me being 50% at fault. In any case with progressive I am paying 2760 every 6 months and Usaa qouted me at 6499 for both vehicle with the same coverages. After seeing that I am very reluctant to change. I have had insurance for about 3 years and beside what I mention I have never had any voilations or accident. I will shop around to see what better offer i can get. Penfed is making me pull my hair to get my vehicle refinance. The last decline was for paramiding debt. So mad at them. I had a loan with them not so long ago. The car that was a total loss was with them. Thank you p for your advice.

All insurance companies assign a percentage of fault to every accident. Could be 30/70, 50/50, etc. There is almost never an instance where a person is 100% at fault (in the eyes of the insurance companies). They settle on a percentage and that's where they negotiate payouts. If you were at fault it could have been that even though she was on her phone, you didn't brake or were following close to the car in front of you. There's a lot of reasons of why fault would be assigned mostly having to do with tailgating or following too close.

@Anonymous @ "besides what I said i have never had any violations or accidents" Are you living in some kind of bubble? You had two accidents in the last two years. Seems to me that you are in some kind of denial about your life. I hope you wake up just like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky. You just had to have a Mercedes right? 65k a year is not really mercedes type salary, that's like Honda Civic salary (to people that are responsible with their money). Sounds like you guys playing "keep up with the joneses" is putting you in money problem situations. Repeat after me: you are not your mercedes. You are NOT your mercedes. You are NOT your Mercedes. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your Khaki's or your designer purse.

I advise you to wake up.

Thats sad because I was t-boned and the person ran a red light and was cited, I wonder if they do not have that person 100% responible

Message 49 of 66
vikash1986
New Contributor

GUYS I am not kidding you take a look below. You know using the trains from Queens NY to Bayonne NJ every for 5 days would be a bad idea but its really inconvenient costing about 2. each way to commute. MTA train to Manhattan, NJ transit to NJ then Light Rail to Bayoone still have to walk 10 mins to work. I work for company that is anal about lateness so I don't want to chance it. However, everything a side it would not be a bad idea.

Amica recommends this option as the best value for you and your vehicle, with high liability limits for maximum protection.

$6,760.30 for 12 months
Call us to start your policy today.
800-242-6422

Protect You Change Coverage

Bodily Injury Liability
$250,000/$500,000

Property Damage Liability
$100,000

Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Liability
$250,000/$500,000

Medical Payments
$10,000

Extra Medical Payments
$250,000

Personal Injury Protection
Included

Personal Injury Protection Deductible
$250 insured

Additional Personal Injury Protection
Income $125/$13,000 - essential services $20/$14,600

Apply Personal Injury Protection Deductible
Not Applicable

Extra Personal Injury Protection Package Option
Medical/income/funeral/essential services

Primary Insurer for Medical Expenses
Auto insurer

Lawsuit Option
Limitations

Protect Your Vehicle

2011 G37 AWD
Collision Deductible
$1,000

Other Than Collision Deductible
$1,000

Full Glass Coverage
Included

Uninsured Motorist Property Damage
$100,000

Rental Reimbursement
$40/$1,200

Towing and Labor Costs
$100

2009 C300 4MATI
Collision Deductible
$1,000

Other Than Collision Deductible
$1,000

Full Glass Coverage
Included

Uninsured Motorist Property Damage
$100,000

Rental Reimbursement
$40/$1,200

Towing and Labor Costs
$100

Extra Protection

Platinum Choice Auto offers extra coverage, services and the opportunity to earn points for being a good driver that can save you money. 'Full Glass' and 'Prestige Rental' are coverage options chosen in each vehicle section.

Good Driving Rewards
Accident forgiveness that saves you money on surcharges and deductibles.

Identity Fraud Monitoring
You control your identity security by receiving credit alerts and resolution assistance.

Full Glass Coverage
Provides new windshields and door windows, fast and deductible-free.

Prestige Rental Coverage
There's no daily limit on your rental cost when your vehicle is in a covered accident.

Add these coverages to a customized quote by clicking the "Change Coverage" button.

Change Coverage

Quote issued on: March 06, 2013

Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.