Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usbank plat cli counteroffers

tag
Writechecks1
Valued Member

Usbank plat cli counteroffers

I recently got approved for a plat card through usbank. Trying to rebuild my credit. SL $500. Been usbank customer for 14 years. FICO score 660 as of now. But will be bumped up a bit in 3 months due to a charged off account on credit report. Everything else is perfect on report. 

Question is. If I do the online credit limit increase and say select $1500 and get the 2-7 day notice and get denied, does usbank counter offer an increase?  Trying to decide if I should just say $1000 increase. 

Btw. I’ve been racking up the balance to $450 then paying off right away. Doing this a couple of times per month.  And paying off card before reported to credit agencies  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Usbank plat cli counteroffers

I don't get it.  Why would you ask for less than what you want?  If you want 5K ask for 5K!  

I apped 2 cards and the computer denied me for inq's.

I called and they sent it for a manual review which resulted in approvals for 1K/ea.

I called again and told them I want 25K and they countered w/ 10K/ea

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Writechecks1 wrote:

I recently got approved for a plat card through usbank. Trying to rebuild my credit. SL $500. Been usbank customer for 14 years. FICO score 660 as of now. But will be bumped up a bit in 3 months due to a charged off account on credit report. Everything else is perfect on report. 

Question is. If I do the online credit limit increase and say select $1500 and get the 2-7 day notice and get denied, does usbank counter offer an increase?  Trying to decide if I should just say $1000 increase. 

Btw. I’ve been racking up the balance to $450 then paying off right away. Doing this a couple of times per month.  And paying off card before reported to credit agencies  

In reading on this Forum, it has been said that the $1,500 US Bank Credit Limit increase option with a soft Inquiry no longer exists (if that is what you had in mind).

Message 3 of 9
Writechecks1
Valued Member

Ok that’s great to know.  No more SP for $1500 and less

back to my original question. Regarding the online form for cli. Since I know I might as well ask for more now since no SP anymore for $1500. Will they counteroffer if I get denied with the online form. Thinking about asking for $5000-$6000 now. Or is this only when you call and request cli?  If they don’t I’m going to ask for $2500 cli since I know I should get approved for this instead of being denied.  Thanks 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is manual over at USB.  Just call them since the max increas on the form is $7500.  It's like any other lender... shoot for the moon and let them counter you back.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just asked for 1500.00 on one of my USB cards, online.

No HP

I froze all three, asked for the CLI, no notification from USB that they wanted/needed me to unfreeze, CLI approved in about 5 days.

Message 6 of 9
Writechecks1
Valued Member

Thanks for the answers guys

one last quick question as I don’t want to start another topic. If usbank does a soft pull, or any other lender for cli, does this soft pull show your FICO scores to them?  Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a SP can show your FICO score just like an HP. The only difference between the two is an HP can be seen by other creditors and an SP can only be seen by you. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just asked for 1500.00 on one of my USB cards, online.

No HP

I froze all three, asked for the CLI, no notification from USB that they wanted/needed me to unfreeze, CLI approved in about 5 days.

That is interesting as elsewhere in the MyFico Forums it was reported the SP option for CLIs was no longer available? For myself, I got two SP $1,500 CLI's from USB but that was sometime back. Hmm ... sure don't want to give the OP wrong information!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.