Did you mean: 

Use Amex BCE to pay tuition?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Use Amex BCE to pay tuition?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Well... I didnt see anywhere that they charge a fee when I went to the school's site to pretend I was going to make a payment lol

That's good.  No credit cards accepted at all at my daughter's school, just check, ACH, or installment plan via ACH (for which they charge $75 instead of interest).  Since the fee is ~ $60K per child per year, even a 1% rebate would be great!

ouch... way harsh... they could at least help out with some reward points! Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Omg $60k on school annually! haha YIKES! Hope your fortunate enough not to need student loans with that!
I'll be happy with 50-100$ in cashback from my tuition :-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

To be fair, when both daughters were there (one year overlap), the school did give 4K in loans and financial aid off the $120K..  Which was indeed better than nothing, but only slightly!

Message 13 of 15
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I have a tuition bill due in a few weeks. I was going to just pay from checking. However, I would like to pay w my BCE, which has a high enough cl. I would prob charge and pay it before Amex would even be able to report it on my CR.
does Amex frown on this? I dont think there are any fees that my school charges, and i'd get 1% back on it lol
Any one have experience? I certainly dont need to get myself a FR.

I would do it.  But I think that most schools charge for CC.  It might not say on the site, but I bet if you went to the bursar's office they would tell you.

What school do you go to?  Do you go to a school in one of those states that forbid CC surcharges? 

Message 14 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha that is good! I always got s****** on FAFSA in the past bc they make you include parent(s) income -.- $4k is indeed better than nothing! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.