Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to get offers alot as a kid.

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Used to get offers alot as a kid.

I was born in 1992.

I remember as a kid from around 1998 to 2005 or so, I would get credit card offers in the mail from all different places, mainly saying "your pre-approved".

Thing is, I stopped getting offers one week. Since then, to this day, I have NEVER gotten a single offer in the mail. Even after I turned 18.

I talked to my parrents, and they never did a "opted-out" for me. I opted in a few months ago.

1. Is it normal for someone to get offers at a young age? I never had an id theft probem.

2. How come all of a sudden I quit getting offers in the mail?

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Used to get offers alot as a kid.

Financial crisis all the banks tightened up their lending practices. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Used to get offers alot as a kid.

It is not uncommon for children to get CC offers.  My daughter starting receiving some before she entered school.

Since you have opted-in, give it some time and you will probably start to see offers again in the not too distant future.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.