cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Chase Slate card to get cash, transfer someone else's balance, or transfer balance from loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Chase Slate card to get cash, transfer someone else's balance, or transfer balance from loan?

I'm living without income for a while while I finish my PhD and am using 0% APR credit cards to help tide me through until I'm employed. I recently got a Chase Slate credit card. Is there a way to use the no fee 0% APR balance transfer to get cash or checks I can use to pay off my rent and utilities on free or low cost credit?

If that doesn't work, could I transfer a balance from my parent's credit card (and ask my parents for cash in exchange) and still get the no fee 0% APR feature?

If that doesn't work, could I use the balance transfer to pay off part of a personal loan (I took out a five-year loan at 6.25% APR in October)?

If that doesn't work, could I write convenience check (3% fee) to myself from my USAA card and transfer that balance to the Chase Slate card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Chase Slate card to get cash, transfer someone else's balance, or transfer balance from lo

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm living without income for a while while I finish my PhD and am using 0% APR credit cards to help tide me through until I'm employed. I recently got a Chase Slate credit card. Is there a way to use the no fee 0% APR balance transfer to get cash or checks I can use to pay off my rent and utilities on free or low cost credit? - You would have to call Chase and see if they will issue you convenience checks.  If they will then you can deposit those checks directly into a checking account.

If that doesn't work, could I transfer a balance from my parent's credit card (and ask my parents for cash in exchange) and still get the no fee 0% APR feature? -  Yes, that's doable

If that doesn't work, could I use the balance transfer to pay off part of a personal loan (I took out a five-year loan at 6.25% APR in October)? -  should be doable as well

If that doesn't work, could I write convenience check (3% fee) to myself from my USAA card and transfer that balance to the Chase Slate card? - Yes

Welcome to MyFico

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Chase Slate card to get cash, transfer someone else's balance, or transfer balance from lo

Oh, also, is there a way to transfer margin debt?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.