Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Util

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Util

I know this is not for this form but maybe someone can help my auto loan is in my util and it says instalment loan on equifax any help thanks

it just sucks cause it is bringing my util to 54 percent

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Util

I would call the company that the auto loan is with and have them correct the problem.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Util

OP, where are you getting your credit report from that's showing your utilization this way?  I'm only asking because, if it's from Equifax, such as on their 3 in 1 Credit Report, it will show debt to credit ratio broken down into multiple sections, and their "total debt to credit ratio" includes installment loans, correctly.  The only utilization for credit cards would be under the "Total revolving accounts", listed again as "debt to credit ratio" on there. That's the correct number for credit utilization we often refer to on here.

If you checked a myfico.com credit report for TransUnion or Equifax, and it's listed that way, then yep, it's a problem.  That report should show revolving credit utilization singularly without the confusing additional ratios.

If you already know all this, ummm...nevermind my post.  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by TangMeister on 11-08-2009 05:33 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.